.

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

February: church stuff


Sometimes I accidentally click on cool Mormon fashion instagram ladies and realize literally the only difference between me and them is... wait for it... the background of our pictures. I mean, why they aren't photographed in their driveways with tire marks and a weird dirt lot behind them is totally beyond me ;).
But here we have my amazing Sunday-before-Valentine's Day picture. Fun fact: it was also the day I was sustained as Relief Society 2nd Counselor, aka my most grown up sounding calling to date. I asked Chuck a couple days prior if I could still wear my red and white striped tights to church as a member of the RS presidency and he (as patiently/kindly as possible) rolled his eyes and assured me that I could still be Jana in this new calling to which I breathed a hearty sigh of relief ;).

And here's Carma's Sunday-before-Valentine's Day outfit, for the record I chose the clothes and she selected the large flower on top hahahaha:
 

Another random Sunday I was trying to get a picture of her outfit because I LOVED it and she opted for a quick tree climbing attempt... is that a popular fashion blogger pose? Mid arboreal ascension?? 

Okay, this day Carma wasn't really having it but I persisted because I was soososososo happy about this dress:

SO CUTE, RIGHT? And familiar?? Yes, because little baby Carma had the same one!!:
 And a quick side by side. Seriously probably my favorite dress ever. The littler version was a Savers find while I was pregnant with Carma, and the larger version was a... D.I. find this time? I think? Holding out on finding even bigger sizes in the next few years ;).

Moving beyond the Sunday fashion portion of this post, February = Blue and Gold Banquet for Cub Scouts! The boys started off with a cute skit:

and then had a fun meeting with awards for the boys, yummy food, and a fun storytelling activity. 

Melissa gave us this puzzle when we were in Utah and we spent a few days doing it. Such a beautiful picture:

Made it to the temple with some awesome ladies!

February 6th marked the anniversary of when I was baptized! Here's my instagram caption: Once upon a time on February 6th I was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and while I'm still working on laying aside all those pesky besetting sins πŸ˜³πŸ™ˆ, I can testify of a loving God who is willing to listen and forgive as many times as I go to him to repent ❤️πŸ˜…☺️πŸ™ŒπŸΌ. (jokes I considered for this caption: ... "it wasn't a decision I entered into blindly"... or... "and I've never looked back" πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ So glad Heavenly Father blessed me which such a sharp sense of humor πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ŽπŸ’…πŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ˜‚)

Ohhh I love this. Carma loves her friend Brother Volkert, and this particular sacrament meeting she ventured over enough to sit with him for a bit so naturally I had to bend the rules a bit and take a picture. We are so blessed with wonderful people in our ward who indulge this little nutty girl and her wanderings and spinning and craziness every Sunday!!

Oh, and here's Carma at our Relief Society activity - she sneaked into Bishop Swenson's office and came out with a candy and picture of Jesus, both of which she cherished and reverently explained came from "Bee-shup Swenson" when asked. Carma might have a slight crush on Bee-shup Swenson ;).

 Aaaand Chuck and I made it to the temple together, but apparently the good Lord chose to bless us for our service a way that was not making us photogenic hahahaha.

No comments: