.

Saturday, November 4, 2017

dec/jan: Utah trip


I mean, is it really an Izatt family road trip post if it doesn't begin and end with pictures of the interior of the traveling vehicle? Didn't think so, so here is Carma in all her giggling glory as we headed down for a quick Utah trip to see baby Emmy be blessed in church!

We went a bit further south first to meet up with my brothers. We broke into Quinn's school (jk, he had a key ;) ) and let the kiddos run wild in the gym:
Okay, Remi couldn't pick me out of a line-up of possible relatives BUT I think this selfie is really laying the groundwork for us to be best friends in the semi-near future...

Quinn brought his new helicopter that is controlled via remote control and it was a pretty serious hit with the wee ones:

Ha, I love the shot of Clyde mid-jump to catch it!

Because we are our father's children, we lined up the cousins for a cute little race!

Aaaand then we lined up all 11 kiddos, including tiny Jett in his car seat, on these handy risers for a group picture:

 EVERYONE IS LOOKING AT THE CAMERA so I'm not sure what kind of black magic we did to make that happen, but I'll take it!

 Next up was pizza and Parcheesi at Quinner's house, all whilst little children alternated meltdowns (my kids) and adorably playing with cousins (Sam's and Quinn's kids haha):
 Thanks for hanging out with us, Braden side! Love y'all!

The next morning we headed back north to party with the Izatt side of the family for the rest of our trip. We handed off our kids to the older cousins and carpooled with these cool people over to the Ogden Temple for a beautiful morning doing some sealings.
 You wouldn't be able to tell by how infrequently I do them, but I really do love doing sealings at the temple. I love thinking about these couples and families who have passed away being SO SO happy that it's finally their turn to watch us make those covenants on their behalf that allow them to be together forever if they choose to accept them. And I loved being in the temple with Chuck's parents and sisters and brothers-in-law!

 We headed home and then divied up again - most of the menfolk and kids headed to an afternoon movie, while the shoppers in the family headed to D.I., wooo! Mallory kept Carma happy, thus spoiling me for any future shopping trip where I have to do that part myself ;). 
Aaaand Mallory and Courtney and I sneaked off to grab some hot choc (that's what the kids call it... possibly... if they don't, they should...) with my beautiful BFSC Courtney!  

Then night (I mean, I guess technically the whole day??) was New Year's Eve and the local high school hosted a way fun party for the whole community. Most of us headed down in various smaller groups; I ended up with Jackers and Will most of the time in the gym as we hit up the little carnival games:

Some pics on the way out ;).

More random fun back at Melissa and Amanda's houses! We did our family gift exchange earlier in the evening, the highlight of which was LAGOON PASSES for 2017 for everyone from Grandma and Pops. Our family had Amanda's and part of the gift was sister/brother/sister shirts for the kids - here's Anna wearing hers.

Melissa June and Carma June wishing everyone a happy 2017!! I love that these two have the connection of sharing a middle name (after Chuck's grandma). I'm crossing my fingers it comes with a lot of Melissa's other amazing qualities and talents too :).

Nice chilly walk to church the next morning:

 Okay I think I'm way overdue for a Carma fashion show post, but can we enjoy this darling New Year's Day outfit? The grey sweater dress with pearls? The sparkly boots that held up amazingly considering this was their second winter adorning her feet haha? 

Ohhh Emily Sky! Pictures shamelessly stolen from Amanda's Facebook :). Emmy is such a sweet baby and we are grateful we could be there to share in the joy of Steve giving her a blessing.

And then it was time to load four tired kids into the van and head home! Although if we had known about the ridiculous snowstorm that was Nampa-bound in the following week and a half, we probably would have stayed in Utah longer haha...

No comments: