.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

august: we have friends!


We Izatts were randomly quite social in August! We hit up the Haws' backyard for two different evenings of BBQ-ing and fun - the second night being necessary because the guests of honor didn't show up at the first one hahahaha (aka there was a miscommunication and the Littlewoods weren't even in town yet when we got together the first time. Tawny made a new friend to text with though!)

Luckily they showed up the second time and we had such a fun reunion with the four families that could come (Haws, Nelsons, Littlewoods, Izatts). I love these pictures of McKenzie and Clyde and Raegan playing on the rope swing!

We migrated to the front yard where some sort of frisbee game was played by Lynndi and the menfolk... I stole baby Tyker from the little mini-moms (aka Hallie and Mayan) for a snuggle and selfie ;).

The children were somewhat cooperative for a group picture - letting them pose in the back of the truck helped!
And some pictures of the grown-ups! So fun to get together.

We got to see Lynndi and the girls one more time during their visit, so obviously I forced Clyde and McKenzie to pose WHICH I'M SO GLAD I DID because how cute is this side-by-side from back in the day?? I seriously can't handle it.

Will and Paislee were loads less cooperative but still cute with throwback pictures mixed in too :). If you have five hours, feel free to scroll through the blog and find all the posts about the Littlewoods and various visits with them. We LOVE them!!


Okay, this next picture makes me SO happy! I was randomly out and about one day and ran into the one and only Mike Green. Doesn't he look thrilled to see me? I promise he was ;). Growing up a block away from the Greens was a blessed part of my childhood. Fun fact: I learned the term 'lady of the night' from Mike when he used in conversation once in front of me hahahaha. 
Fun fact #2: I ran into Mike a year or two ago at Costco and kicked myself for DAYS afterwards for not getting a picture. Didn't make that mistake again!


Girls night in August was a small affair, but so fun! We ate delicious food at Applebees and admired baby Carly and missed our other girls.

We also managed to sneak in an extra girls night (I'm fairly impressed with how often we get away with that) when we hit up a fun dance party in Boise! The theme was 'babes in bloom' but it should have been 'women who wilt' because the sweat factor was SERIOUS in that small room with a lot of ladies gettin' their grooves on to old school *NSYNC - if you haven't seen Nycole dance, get to it, y'all. Other highlights: running into my cute cousin Kellie, getting my hair and makeup done, the soda bar (alas, not the soda bar guy...#awkward), and giggling with Paulina and Kara on the drive ;).

Clyde was invited to his good friend Brenden's birthday party at a lego place so Clyde was obviously in heaven! Such a fun party - don't you love how they each have their own little station to build at?
My friend Aly got married!! It was a crazy evening (same night as our big ward bday party) but I was so happy I could sneak over for a few minutes of her reception to see her and get a picture. Aly was my favorite employee at BioLife; now the lucky people in eastern Idaho get her instead of me :(. I always had fun trying to get in her section - if you're going to get stabbed in the arm with a needle twice a week, it might as well be by someone cool, you know? 

Will was so excited to spend an afternoon with his buddy Mason, let's hear it again for the magic of legos for little boys!
And now this will serve as my reminder to get in touch with Mason's cute mama so these two boys can spend more time together! 

And last but not least, we had a way fun afternoon with some good friends from our ward - they fed us lunch and then we all went shooting! The Fuhriman women are rockstars; I was so impressed! 

 Carma and I stuck to the sidelines, but I did make Raquel take a picture with me. I sure love that girl! As always, Jack gave the activity a solid thumbs up; that boy loves time out at the shootin' range. And finally, please enjoy the picture of Chuck and Brother Fuhriman matching in their accidental coordinating outfits. It made me laugh pretty hard ;). 


No comments: