.

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

august: school!, the fair!, bike ridin'!, etc!


I'm not gonna lie: August was a really long time ago. Yiiiikes. But here's a rundown of what I remember, mostly with help from pictures:

Jackers learned how to ride his bike sans training wheels! I think he's our youngest kid to date; he's a pretty natural bike rider so Chuck was confident he was ready. 
A few evenings down at the church parking lot, and Jack was a pro!

On one of those evenings, I was apparently extra peer pressure-able, because here I am letting Chuck give me a lift on Clyde's bike hahahaha:
The kids played in the sand after bike riding - I have literally no idea what's happening in the bottom right, but I was instructed by Clyde to take a picture of it, so I did....


We finally wrapped up swimming lessons in August, and to celebrate we went back to the pool... so that Carma could finally get in, haha. 

We spent many a day in Grandma Pam's backyard picking raspberries and tomatoes!! The sister missionaries were there sometimes too, to Carma's delight. We developed a real 'One for the basket, two for my mouth' policy with the raspberries, but my mom still had enough to make a million jars of jam, so yay!

We used the picture of Jack and the raspberries to taunt Grandma since she was out of town - off having some crazy fun adventures with Larry and Iris! The timing worked out perfectly for my mom to have a break and for us to steal all of her delicious berries :).
I legit didn't believe my mom that she drove an ATV until she sent me the pictures...

Oh, Chuck got home from church one day to find a nerf gun and safety glasses waiting for him... along with an ambush via all three boys haha.

Summer sibling bonding. We went to a wedding reception that had a little reading nook area for kids - SO brilliant! And Jack and Will randomly took to sleeping in the guest room together for a while there, goofs.

I feel bad tossing the kids' artwork right into the recycling bucket, so sometimes I take pictures first - these are various Carma and Jack pictures from plasma.
The day that we went shooting with Fuhrimans, they sweetly invited us to lunch at their house first. Their neighbor stopped by with her parrot and Will was in heaven!!

My dad took us all to the Western Idaho Fair one afternoon, SO hot and SO fun! The kids... primarily Will of course... loved the farm animals:
And we all loved the various exhibits and activities throughout the fairgrounds. The picture of Jack and Grandpa walking and holding hands kills me, so cute. Add in a ride for everyone (Carma picked the merry-go-round) and ice cream cones on the way home, and it equaled a way fun adventure - thanks Dad!!


First day of school pictures! Clyde started 5th grade (last year of elementary, yiiiiikes) with Mrs. Keene. 

and Will started 3rd grade with Mrs. Wallin.

Looking back now (the last day of school is definitely on Friday. I AM SO FREAKING BEHIND ON THIS BLOG), I'm just so grateful for the amazing teachers my boys had. I've requested teachers a couple times, but honestly, my boys (especially Clyde!) have done the best when I've stepped back and just prayed they'd do well with whichever teacher they get. I love Mrs. Keene so much and it made me nervous not to officially request her for Clyde, but knowing that he ended up there because Heavenly Father made it happen makes it that much more special.

The boys rode off to school and Carma and Jack stayed home with me, suckers ;).


Random August memories: Jack was pretty delighted to have the legos allll to himself once school started, snuggling with Carma, my mom and I were doing something on the computer and also texting with my bfsc Courtney so she got a picture of us, Carma trying to steal Will's shoes... 
my delight when I hear a Vince Gill song on the radio WHILE WEARING MY VINCE GILL SHIRT!, another shot of when Chuck tried to get Clyde to read Anne of Green Gables, more snuggling, and cute cute Carma!


OH man, Chuck and I did some mattress shopping in August and it was possibly the most ridiculously awkward experience ever... seriously, mattresses are SO expensive and vary so much but it's so random to try to buy one - like, you're just lying on the merchandise while a salesperson watches you?
 We explored a few options... did a random test at one place that basically said Chuck and I shouldn't share a bed hahahahaha, and finally found a pretty great deal and now we've moved on and don't have to repeat this insanity for another decade, right?


AND THAT WAS AUGUST YO.

No comments: