.

Monday, May 22, 2017

August: church stuff


I love checking Instagram in the morning and finding awesome quotes from church leaders:

I also love temple dates with Chuck, like this one!

My ward temple night date this month was the lovely, lovely Wendy - and I had to get a picture of Bishop walking Sister Collins out to her waiting ride. 


Speaking of my ward, it had a birthday! Technically in February, but we celebrated in August because, you know, BBQ weather! Nampa 2nd ward is kind of a legend around here... at least I think so. I can't even count the number of times I've told someone which ward I'm in and heard the response, "Oh, I was in 2nd Ward once!" I think 90% of the LDS population in Nampa has passed through our ward :) - partially because back in the day it covered so much of Nampa! 

The one and only Janell headed up the entire HUGE project, and I was happy to be recruited to help a bit along the way - including creating the invitation :). We mailed out a million of them and found a million former ward members on Facebook and it was SO FUN to see how many people were able to come:

Top left is Sister Greener and Sister Sellers and Bishop Swenson. We just lost Sister Sellers a few months ago; I was able to attend her funeral and learned so much fun stuff about her - namely her love of creating homemade candy and goodies! Bottom right is Sister Morris with her mama, who was recognized as being one of the earliest members of the 2nd ward there at the party. Bottom right is Janell with Patti Jo and Kara, two awesome women who did sooo much for the celebration.


So much time and work was put into making this night a success - including from many more than are pictured here, but at the end of the night we tried to gather a few of us for a picture. I just like having photographic evidence that Brother Corn and I can be next to each other smiling and not teasing each other - at least for a moment in time ;). I love that guy!


The Cub Scouts had a fun swimming night in August to pass off some requirements and Chuck was happy to get in the pool with Clyde and Will and goof off, er, practice life saving skills ;). Brother Fuhriman grilled up some awesome burgers too!


Another awesome early(ish) morning screenshot. I love this illustration of how often in the scriptures we are reminded to fear not. I don't pretend to understand why certain individuals or families or groups of people are faced with devastating challenges and trials, but the ever present comfort of knowing that a loving Heavenly Father is over all sustains me. Because of Jesus Christ's atonement, there is relief and peace for all of us after this life - so in the meantime, I can walk forward in faith and fear not. Most days ;).

Sundays in August were still pretty puzzling. I think I put these pictures of Jackers in the post about Courtney's visit but they're too cute not to post again:
Will doesn't get into the puzzles as often as I expect, but every so often he settles in to work. Chuck generally waltzes in at the end of the night, gets one corner done, and takes credit for the whole thing hahaha.

I thought this was a fun puzzle to get us all geared up for football season!

Clyde discovered another fun Sabbath day activity: doing my hair! He brushed it and styled it into this low ponytail with a dramatic bang sweep up front. Also, enjoy my beloved Obama shirt. I wear it a lot on Sundays to catch ward members off guard when they stop by to drop stuff off after church ;).


Oooh, another Instagram screen shot, this time of the caption. I love good counsel about how to teach my kiddos to strengthen their testimonies and rely on faith and I thought President Lee, via Elder Cook, put it pretty well:

I can't remember if Chuck was at work this Sunday morning or already at the church for meetings... probably work... but I felt the need to send him a picture of how my lesson prep/review was going. As I sloooowly got more comfortable in that calling, I stopped needing to write everything out word for word... but for a while it provided the safety net I needed!

Hey, another temple date! Can we all admire Chuck's yellow and grey tie and how he clearly wore it earlier in the month and also probably almost every Sunday and temple date since last summer? I would develop an eye twitch if I had to wear the same thing to church every week and Chuck revels in it. We clearly balance each other out well hahaha ;). 


Oh man, ending on some Sister Hinckley wisdom is always a good idea! Happy Sunday night/Monday morning everyone! 

No comments: