.

Thursday, March 2, 2017

June: Sterri Am and a moving van!


We were pretty psyched to host Sam and Terri and their gang for a couple nights as they moved back to Utah from Washington as part of Sam's medical job? residency? internship? I've had like five people explain it to me... and I've watched Scrubs a few times... and I was a diehard ER fan until Lucy died... but I still don't really get the ins and outs of becoming a doctor. Luckily that isn't my burden to bear ;). 

One of my first orders of business Sunday afternoon was to get Jack and Hazel to pose adorably together, accomplished by telling them we had to see who was taller - hence Jack raising his hand and Hazel looking at his chin to double check. Cutest pair of four-year-olds!!
We also did some puzzles - what else - and stuck Remi in the grass to gaze upon her adoringly. SO CUTE.

Grandpa arrived for a Father's Day barbecue and brought some entertainment - blow up balls for the trampoline!
aaaand bubbles! There's something about grown men gently blowing bubbles for a crowd of delighted kids that is just the cutest thing ever!

Chuck sneaked away from the church just in time to fire up the grill and a delicious meal was had by all.
And I continued in my never-ending effort to force nieces and nephews to take a million pictures with me - Hazel and Remi were particularly cooperative :). Bailey was pretty busy running around and playing and Miko (pretty wisely) avoided me/the camera at all times.

It's so fun to see my boys as the oldest cousins and be so sweet to these younger girls.
 
 Remi made pretty quick work of charming Grandpa! (spoiler alert: this Grandpa is pretty easily charmed by his grandkids. So so fun to watch my dad be wrapped around so many tiny fingers!)

My dad with (possibly) his two favorite children! Definitely his favorite daughter :). 

 The next morning the kiddos were up early to finish up puzzles...

and SO excited that Uncle Cody got into town just in time to come play for a bit!! ... 
 
and then they left... so now we just stare at this picture of Remi all day long ;). Can't wait to be reunited next weekend in Utah!

No comments: