.

Thursday, February 23, 2017

June: church stuff


The boys rode their bikes to and from church a few Sundays over the summer, which was clearly the Cutest Thing Ever. The shot where their ties are blowing in the wind? My only hope is that they learn how to tuck in their shirts before their mission calls come ;).
One day I left the kiddos with my mama and headed to the temple and then visited my handsome husband at work afterwards. Also I took him cookies.

More puzzles on Sundays! I thought the church one looked cute and fun... it was miserable. I took an up close shot of the sky so you can see how jigsaw-y the pieces were. I think I left that section for Chuck to do haha.

More temple trips! One with Maren and Maren, one with Rachel and Maren, and another solo. Have I mentioned how fun it is to grab a couple girls and head over there? Because it is; I love it!

Mid-June the executive secretary contacted me... honestly, I'm trying to remember, it might have been via text haha... to meet with the Bishop. I walked out of his office with a new calling: gospel doctrine instructor! Yiiiiiikes. Turns out if you continually fail at your resolutions to spend more time in the scriptures, Heavenly Father will give you a real compelling reason to succeed in that venture ;). I was grateful that the Sunday school general president Tad Callister chose that exact week to share some excellent insight about gospel doctrine learning in this article




Chuck and I were able to go to the temple one beautiful Friday morning when Gabe and Jacob Otto both attended for the first time prior to their missions! Such a neat experience. 


June also kicked off my crack addiction.. and by crack I mean family history. Family search emailed both Chuck and me names that we could take to the temple and I kind of fell in love. I actually talked about this last Sunday in church and shared the special skill set I have that makes family search so enjoyable: I love knowing stuff about people (Sam calls it being nosy hahaha), I love clicking around and doing research and finding answers, and I love connecting random family members who lived in the 1850s with characters in my cheesy clean romance novels set in the 1850s... but seriously. I do. So now on Sunday nights I stay up way too late exploring my family tree and cleaning up lines and matching records and it's basically the most fun thing ever!

No comments: