.

Monday, January 2, 2017

May: Sweatin' to the Oldies edition



So, when I sit down to blog about a month I scroll through the bajillion pictures and write down everything that happened and then categorize the pictures into groupings... and randomly in May there was a lot of exercising going on. We obviously hope not to make this a recurring thing ;).

May brought the conclusion of school and thus the conclusion of the Walk/Run Club. Carma finished strong, consistently motivated by getting a marker tally on her hand at the conclusion of every lap:






The boys started biking to and from school every day in May and it was a-mazing. We kicked ourselves for not starting this earlier!

The fourth and fifth graders had a field trip 'track meet' over at the high school (Clyde would want it noted that they walked ALL the way there. It's about a mile walk one way ;) ). Carma and I were in the area and came to cheer Clyde and his buddies on.
 Carma was so thrilled to see her big brother! And steal his hat!  

 Chuck and I have had good intentions to run a 5k together for a long time and we finally got it done! I legitimately had not run three consecutive miles since the same race like three years prior, sooooo I struggled a bit and Chuck patiently took walking breaks with me ("Okay, I'll be ready to run again at this next intersection! Errr, the end of the intersection!").

Any good former running mate of Holly's knows that you have to sprint at the end, hence me finishing five seconds before Chuck and also running into that guy in the hoodie - whoops! 

Chuck and I hit the courts for some tennis. One of us wore sunscreen, one of us chose not to and burned and resolved once again to always listen to her husband ;).
Fun aspect of blogging about things eight months after the fact - I can't remember for sure if I won, but I think I did so let's go with that!


Okay, once upon a time when Jack was a baby I went to some awesome women's workout classes held by the south stake here in Nampa. Then I got lazy and Jack cried in the nursery and I stopped going... I still got the emails from the incredible Jenn and told myself I'd return someday... and then at the end of March I ran into Jenn at Nicole's house and Jenn bought me a pita (despite my insistence that I was fine and she didn't need to) and then as I was halfway through eating the delicious pita, Jenn nonchalantly says, "Oh, but in exchange for that lunch you have to come to workout class again." 

SO, three mornings a week I pick up Maren and we go die haha. Mondays are Zumba with the amazing Stephanie, Wednesdays are Sentao with the amazing JoLyn OR boot camp/strength training with a variety of amazing instructors, and Fridays are Torture with the amazing Jennie. Jenn organizes it all and keeps track of everything and provides such an incredibly uplifting, positive, encouraging environment. I received a really strong impression during General Conference in April that my overall mental health would improve as I took better care of my physical health and I'm grateful to Jenn for tricking me into doing that ;).
One of my favorite things about workout class is seeing Nicole more - she's been a faithful attendee since my first time going. The pictures on the left are her at boot camp FIVE DAYS prior to having a baby. She's a freaking rock star. Oh, and the bottom right is finding the best workout shorts ever at Savers one day. And the selfies are just ones I send to Chuck to get sympathy haha!

And we'll end with some fun park pictures on the very last day of May, pretty sure Chuck and Grandma Pam got a workout keeping up with the crazy kids:
Ahhhh, fond memories of the outdoors and temperatures above freezing ;). 

2 comments:

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

Looks like May was super fun and active! I'm very proud of your blogging even if you do call me out on Facebook as being a nag. Most of our mutual friends already knew that about me.

Holly Cameron said...

Miss that workout group.