.

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

April: church stuff!


April kicked off with General Conference weekend which provided loads of awesome counsel and yay for the nice people on social media for oft making it into cute picture for me!

I wish I had looked at these pictures before conference a couple weeks ago because I would have remembered to do fun stuff for the kids, whoops...
Love conference. Someday I'll be cool and keep track of all the talks and speakers better and just be able to rattle off references and such, but for now it's enough to watch and learn and jot down some notes and remember how loved I am by my Father in Heaven.

Clyde worked hard at scouts week after week making this incredible bird feeder and finally it was done and ready to put into the yard! Brother Cook brought it over and they worked together to dig the hole and pour the cement and it's SO cool - we have birds out there all the time munching away. Brother Cook and Brother Horsewood have been great leaders for Clyde!!
Meanwhile Will and the Wolves (not a rock band, oddly enough...) spent the month working on seeds and plants and experimenting and made terrariums and finished it off with a field trip to a local nursery. Will loved his first full month of Scouts; Sister McLean is so wonderful with him!

Speaking of excellent Scout leaders, I walked past the primary room one Sunday during singing time and saw this through the window - so naturally I had to step in and get a picture. I just love the Murphys!! (and Sister Curtis - she always does such fun stuff in there with the kids!)
 So, the Izatts have become a puzzling family! There's been a big emphasis lately on setting aside the Sabbath day to become closer to God and making it a delight. Honestly, Sundays are tough - Chuck is either at work all day or at church most of the day - so beyond church movies and baking I was kind of at a loss. But we came up with the idea of doing puzzles on Sundays while we listen to church music and it's been so fun! We don't pull them out during the week, that way it stays something special that helps us look forward to Sunday. So far Clyde has been the most into it but the other kiddos have their moments. We pick up cool ones at D.I. and Savers which means they could be (and semi-often are) missing pieces - which just adds to the fun, amIright? Nothing like looking for a certain piece for twenty minutes that might not even be there haha! (Chuck does not share this opinion. Chuck believes puzzles that are missing pieces should not be kept. Luckily Chuck is not in charge of the puzzle collection ;) ).

April brought a multitude of temple visits! Each time I went in focusing on a certain aspect of my life/family/calling/etc and each time I walked out with a related idea or prompting. SO so cool. Also cool? My friends! This month it was Maren, Maren, Denise, and Kelsey for various trips:
 And Chuck and I made it to ward temple night at the beginning of the month and took these amazing pictures. Chuck warms my heart and the temple warms my heart and I'm so glad I have both of them in my life!

No comments: