.

Thursday, July 21, 2016

january.


Once upon a time I had a brilliant idea for 'screen free' January, which got temporarily sidelined when we got the stomach flu New Year's Day... but then we were back on it for the rest of the month! We all came up with the list of rules for it, and we all helped enforce it - the kids loved making sure I was only on facebook 2-3 times a day :). The 'phone zone' means that our phones have to stay on the kitchen counter throughout the day - not in our pockets/hands, etc. Honestly, it went SO well. We went to the library more and read more and played more games and one of these days we'll do it again ;).
A few more pictures from our lunchdate with my dad. We joked about my snowsuit looking like an astronaut jumpsuit and then I saw this bear at D.I. an hour later haha!

Jackers went to the dr for his 4 year check-up! Chuck took him and dutifully sent me these pictures :). Jack was healthy and darling!
Oh, just cute Carma pictures. One day she showed up at church wearing hot pink and zebra print just like Mayan and so obviously we had to document that adorableness.

 Just some late night snacking and kisses in the kitchen!
 The library does an animal presentation once a month that we try to get Will to, as part of our continuing effort to help him be around animals but never have to buy him a pet hahaha. And I love the picture that his teacher posted on Class Dojo - apparently second grade is when 'bunny ears' become hilarious??

The Elder's Quorum hosted a ward talent night, and Clyde and Will both showcased their lego-building talents AND at the last minute Clyde played the piano! He kept his hood up the whole time but he did a great job on 'We Three Kings'. It was a fun night!
Oh man, the Sunday before my birthday Lee showed up with cake and I brought ice cream and we had a little party at the end of class. Of course if fell on Ward Conference and of course we had a visitor from the stake in to observe us, but luckily he didn't seem fazed when we pulled out the cake and ushered in the older class to join us :). Thanks Lee! (and actually Stefanie who made it ;) ).

 Once again we used Christmas money from my dad for fun activities to get the boys out of the house and moving in January and February: Jack did a way fun six-week 'Superhero' dance class at the best dance studio ever, Idaho Rhythm. Some weeks he put on the costume, some weeks he didn't, but he loved his teacher and hanging out with Beckam and doing all the fun jumps and spins and tumbling. Willy boy did swimming lessons as a refresher to get ready for the summer. He ended up with just one other little boy in the class which was perfect! And Clyde did basketball again! He got to be on his buddy Jared's team which was a fun aspect of it, and Clyde did great improving some skills and learning more about teamwork/team spirit/etc.
Once upon a time Nicole had a baby boy and then six months and a week later I had a baby boy... and then a couple years later Nicole had a baby girl and then six months and a week later I had a baby girl... and thus you have these four cute kids! We love having Beckam and Myla over and not just because it assuages my guilt about how often Nicole has to trim my bangs ;).

 Carma is obsessed with her Sesame Street sweatshirt... rightfully so, because it's pretty awesome. Is it possibly too big for her? Yes, but it's cool, sleeves were made to roll! And I just love these pictures.
Ohhh my sweetheart Jack. Sister Jensen and Jack used to talk a lot about jack-in-the-boxes in nursery, so when Jack and I found one at D.I. one day it obviously had to come home with us. And yes, it did freak me out EVERY SINGLE TIME it opened.

 One day Carma and I both wore snowflake shirts and it snowed. Right?? I mean, granted it was January and not like July or something but still. The next day we wore shirts with hundred dollar bills on them but alas, money did not fall from the sky .....

 Sometimes I try to take a Sunday afternoon nap on the couch and little children climb on top of me so I take dramatic pictures to send to Chuck in an effort to get sympathy and maybe a wink/kiss emoji back... ;).

Oh, another day that it snowed and Carma was thrilled (her father's child) and Jack was not (his mother's child. Right down to the shorts)
I'm gonna be honest here: I'm not entirely sure why I have this picture from the chalkboard in my Sunday School class, but it looks like it was a pretty great lesson. I actually got released about a month ago (aka in June) so it's kind of fun now to look back at what a joy and privilege it was to teach those youth!

 Speaking of callings (this being one I still have...), we had a court of honor at the end of January and for some reason Chuck and I thought Carma would be super chill and just sit at the back while I stood up front and presented awards... it's like we'd never met our own daughter or something? She definitely insisted that I hold her the entire time, so that was special, grrr! She has been officially uninvited to future Scouting meetings.
Basically it's a good thing she's cute - SO cute! Her peek-a-boo? Kills me.

Random bday pictures, Chuck had to work so he left me Reese's because he's the best. Honestly the day was pretty chill, I had plasma and then bought jeans at Savers with my mom because 31 feels adult enough that I shouldn't probably wear shorts alllll winter long. 
 That evening Brooklyn showed up on my doorstep with AMAZING orange cupcakes and I pulled her inside for a picture and she said, "My mom told me you'd do this!" and I laughed so hard. Oh I love this girl!

 My dad came over to babysit my kids one afternoon while I did some visiting teaching and he texted me pictures and encouraged me to stay out longer so I went to Costco by myself and it was heavenly! Thanks Daddy!
Clyde took some time getting used to fourth grade and a new teaching style, but once the new year hit, he suddenly found his groove... and I loved Miss Hill's subtle reminder that our family has a tardiness problem hahaha. Anyhow, Clyde received the 'teamwork' award for January, yay cute boy!

Carma loved the school gym's little water fountain :).
More pictures of my Clyde Monster! At Scouts he earned his... whittling chip? I think? All I know is he has like three pocket knives to his name so he's pretty psyched about that. Clyde is such a good kid; he's really been stepping up at home (pictured making muffins and reading to Carma) and I just love how helpful he can be and how mature he's getting... most of the time :).

Aaaand that's January!

1 comment:

Holly Cameron said...

That astronaut jumpsuit though Jana!!! Amazing. I think there needs to be like a specific occasion that it is worn for....often Carma babe is too cute.