.

Friday, June 10, 2016

What I wore to church in 2015


So a million years ago I made a goal to wear a different outfit to church every week for a year. And then I kept doing it. Thanks to thrift stores, keeping things since high school, and gifts I have lotssss of skirts and dresses, and it's pretty fun and easy to mix in different shirts and accessories. That being said, I've kind of been over it the last few weeks - probably due to 9am church and the ridiculousness of getting four kids and me ready to leave by 840. (spoiler alert: we're almost half way through the year and we've been early probably five times... on time probably five times... and definitely late the rest). Plus I got a dress at DI a few weeks ago for $5 that is my favorite and I wear it as much as possible. Like I've debated about a new goal where I wear the same outfit every week for a year hahaha.

But it is fun to look back and remember my favorite random combinations. And even though I feel like the most narcissistic person ever when I post this many pictures of myself, I'll do it anyways. For the greater good. Aka providing some entertainment for my friends! So here we go...

JANUARY:
My birthday month, so obviously I went with my favorite colors, orange and silver/grey, every week including the third Sunday which was my actual 30th birthday and I wore my traditional outfit and orange belt. As always you can tell which pictures Chuck took (1 & 3) and which pictures Clyde took (2 & 4) based on the angle ;). Also that grey striped skirt was pretty new (Savers!) and clearly I was excited to wear it often.

FEBRUARY:
The first week was the Super Bowl and I couldn't get behind the Patriots (ever) or the Seahawks (again) so I wore my Packers colors in silent protest... although clearly those yellow tights are anything but quiet haha. The next week was red for Valentine's day and the third week was red and blue for President's day. Seriously, when you're trying to come up with inspiration for a different outfit every week, you're grateful for any color/themed holiday! The last week was the Academy Awards so Carma and I picked a fun color combo and dressed accordingly:

MARCH:
Okay, well randomly dark and dreary for a spring month, whoops! And man did I love the right arm down, left hand on hip pose haha. Okay, the third week was St. Patrick's day... and I think that's the only specific week.

APRIL:
Only three weeks because of General Conference. I do a lot of blue in April because for April Showers... and also because I love blue, especially blue and brown together. Those are the colors I'm (slowly but surely) turning our bedroom into. Also these are two of my favorite necklaces: the brown one my mom got in Hawaii when she did a semester at BYU-H; I stole it when she moved, and I thiiink the blue one was a Kohl's clearance find a few years ago.

MAY:
Well, May got random! Legit don't even know what's going on for most of this. I ended up D.I.'ing that orange dress a few months ago. I loved it but it also was getting tight and made me look pregnant (I mean, it was definitely the dress. Not any cookie binges I indulge in regularly). The fourth week was red and blue again, this time for Memorial Day. I probably wore shoes that day, but really with me, who knows?

JUNE:
Apparently I was super into turquoise for a couple weeks there... the third week was blue and grey for Father's Day! and the last week was red and blue... again... for Independence Day and Carma matched too! 

JULY:
Well that black shirt clearly pulled its weight; I kind of wish I'd worn it that last week too! The third week I'm impressed I'm dressed at all; we'd driven home from Utah that morning. And the fourth week I busted out my mom's supercool patchwork-y skirt again for Pioneer Day!

 AUGUST:
 Again, who knows what's going on here? I think the pink cardigan was a nod to my mom for her bday that week. And the third week was blue and yellow... aka Scout colors... because we had a Court of Honor that night. The fourth week I spoke in sacrament meeting and I needed something that wouldn't show sweat ;) so the purple shirt won out. And the last week was orange and blue to mark the start of the college football season! 

SEPTEMBER:
Again, I see no rhyme or reason here... I do love that black dress - reminder that my mom and I bought it at JC Penney when I was 14 and it has dutifully put up with me every since. Clearly the third week Jack was quick at peeling off his shoes and polo shirt and grabbing a weapon after church.

OCTOBER:
Let's all be thankful that there are only three October pictures (first week was Gen Conf) because it clearly was not my most photogenic month, yiiiikes. I did get to bust out all my Halloween outfits though!

NOVEMBER:
November is probably my favorite month because I love orange and brown and actually really don't like red, but that's okay.

DECEMBER:
Yay for my Christmas necklace! Stolen from.... that's right, my mom! :) She's a good sport... hopefully I'll follow in her forgiving footsteps when Carma's old enough to swipe my awesome stuff.

 Okay the third week Chuck was taking my picture before I went home and he went back into the church for the rest of the day (sucker!) and it was snowing and then Raquel was there so we clearly needed a picture and then Michael was there so we recruited him and then we obviously needed to try to catch snowflakes in our mouths. And then Will and I and Carma and I just needed pictures, you know.
 
 Oh, and the last Sunday Carma and I needed a picture all bundled up in our bright cheery coats and grey/silver boots. Carma was thrilled to stay outside longer in the coldness :).

So I just double checked and this all began January 2011... which means that 2015 was my fifth year doing it, no wonder I'm a little burned out. No guarantees about the rest of 2016. Unless I find an amazing skirt or dress at D.I. or Savers today and need to justify its purchase ;).

4 comments:

Maren said...

Haha, I LOVE these posts!! And I will totally support your challenge to wear the same thing every week for a year, but I would still want a recap post so I can see all your fun poses and expressions!

Pamela Hunter-Braden said...

What a lovely young woman you are--you clearly inherited my mother's beauty! Lucky!

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

I love how many holidays you can come up with the color coordinate around!

Holly Cameron said...

Fav post...as always! My favorite is where your skirt is all puffed up from the wind...you look like Mary poppins.