.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

October adventures with Grandpa


Since we had such a great time at Linder Farms, my dad decided we should check out the Farmstead with the kids and see how it compared - and happily, Chuck had an open schedule that night and could come too! Holy moly, there was so much to do - the kids (and adults) had a blast. We started with the "Bee Line" and it was definitely one of our favorite attractions, especially when we all lined up to race:
Notice Jack winning on the bottom right, after having gotten a pretty great push head start ;).

Next up was the blasters, aka a pumpkin cannon and corn rifle. Probably safe to say this was one of Chuck's favorite stops...
Then we did some fishing! They have a little pond area that they keep stocked with fish for you to catch and release. Clyde was a superstar and made our first catch of the day.

And then we stuck around for a while so the rest of us could catch one too - here's Will:
He was so into it!

And Jackers, who got help from both Daddy and Grandpa, lucky kid:
Aaaand I even got in on the action! At the insistence of my persuasive father ;). I'm not really the outdoorsy type, but even I could handle this. And it brought back fun memories of going fishing when I was little!

We made a brief stop at the basketball/football arena; feel free to admire my form:
Some of the side attractions - corn pit is always a pleaser, the bouncy area was kind of fun, I am nice and hopped into a barrel with Carma for a ride, Will being on his hands and feet on the spider web kills me, and the PVC pipe 'slide' was a bust.

Quick photo ops on the big rocking chair...
... and in lock-up. 

Clyde's favorite thing was probably the 'Friendly Fire' where you shoot soft, foam balls at each other out of modified paintball guns. He and Chuck went back to that one a few times.
The potato sack slide was way fun, albeit a bit bumpy. 

My least favorite thing was the 'Creature'. I don't know why I went in but I did and nearly had a panic attack. I clung to Chuck pretty good until I saw an emergency exit and then I got the hello out of there. The kids loved it and talked Grandpa into taking them a second (and third??) time. Chuck and I stayed outside with Carma and took selfies :).
Towards the end of the night we headed back to the Bee Line for a few more rides, including this one with Grandpa and the older boys. Love!!

We wandered briefly into the corn maze but ultimately decided the 'Grain Train' was more our speed. We did find a nice passerby to take our picture though:
And then after some delicious mini donuts that were consumed much too quickly to photograph, we headed home where my children slept sooo solidly that night haha!

We got to have another adventure with Grandpa the next week, hooray! On Halloween afternoon we headed over to Boise and met my dad at a spot along the Boise River near his house. First we walked along the greenbelt and found different colors of fallen leaves...
and then we walked along the river and found Snickers bars hidden amongst the rocks! I'll tell you what, I could get more into the outdoorsy thing if I was always guaranteed chocolate...

Next up was a trip to Burger King for some general holiday merriment:
and then back to Grandpa's house to play with light sabers and pumpkins - such an excellent way to spend Halloween afternoon!! 

I really love living close to my dad and my kids love the time they get to spend with him - and it was fun to relive all of these fall adventures here in April haha!

2 comments:

Holly Cameron said...

You're in shorts and have your Halloween socks on! Love it!
So both of those farms looked amazing! Dang. Competition. Washington pumpkin farms need to up their game. Looks like so much fun though! I am impressed that you kept all four of your kids in one area at a time, from activity to activity. Like you all deserve an award!

jayna said...

Time warp complete. You guys are so cute! But I'm actually really glad it's May and not October now. Let's playdate soon!!