.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

My Pinterest... aka a bunch of screenshots from my phone


I think the screenshot feature of a phone is the fanciest, best thing ever; I use it liberally. And in order to continue procrastinating blogging about actual life events and memories, here's a modpodge scroll through some of the random things I encountered on my phone that I felt warranted preservation:

1. The top (at the time at least...) definition of 'Jana' on urbandictionary.com  Scarily accurate, right?? I might start reciting it every morning. The 'STELLAR and hella out of this world' bit might become a t-shirt...


2. OH MAN, this was a long ago facetime encounter (as evidenced by baby Carma! so cute!) where once again I saved Quinn's life/scholastic career. He had a massive paper due and the formatting? I think? wasn't working so his favorite sister stayed up laaate and figured it out. Man I'm amazing. (STELLAR, one might even say...)


3. Okay, let's be honest, if I had a pinterest it would be dominated by religious/inspiration quotes. I love this one, not because of the reminder that we don't have to be perfect but moreso because of the reminder that we do actually need to be getting better haha.


4. Okay, and the rest of my 'pins' (am I using that correctly??) would be things that make me laugh. Exhibit A:
Come on, that's hilarious. And true. It's no wonder I can't handle actual roller coasters, my daily emotional roller coaster is exhausting!!


 5. Okay well this was basically the best thing ever - seriously five of my favorite guys sitting around a table. I'm on the computer and thus have no emoji access but imagine the smiley face with hearts for eyes right here ;).


6. Okay, well here's where my pinterest analogy breaks down because this is a screenshot of a text but can we all die laughing at how cute Chuck is??


7. And back to church stuff! Love verse 17 - such a relief that I don't have to have all the answers right now; my testimony of God's love suffices.


8. Jack hahahaha. I mean, we can all relate to this right??


 9. Okay, sometimes I screenshot stuff to send to my brothers as a gentle nudge to text me more frequently OR THEIR HEALTH WILL SUFFER.



10. Oh man, last fall I found the funniest twitter/fb/instagram account called Honest Toddler. So. Hilarious. 


11. I mean, this isn't as classy as the standard I usually hold my blog to... but I laughed really hard and then it made me really think, so....


12. Okay, this is reaching back but it's just some smacktalk from our fantasy football draft and Quinn and my mom just make me laugh so hard.


13. Oh man, this was my lock screen on my phone for the last month or so. Good stuff.


14. Okay, another church one but this is a President Uchtdorf analogy that is just perfection. 


15. This was back in December, I pulled up the current weather for everywhere we have parents/siblings (Boise was the same as Nampa) so that I'd know who to be jealous of - spoiler alert, it was Sam.


16. Okay, I laughed sooooo hard at this the morning after the big powerball drawing. 
 

17. Ack, I should probably chant this every morning too....


18. Okay, I texted this to Chuck because this is SO Carma hahahahaha:


19. And I should have texted this to Chuck because this is SO me hahahaha:


20. I did some personality analysis thing last fall when they were all the rage and it ended up being pretty flattering... so I'm sure it was legit...
 

21. Okay I had to screenshot this exchange with Chuck's amazingly talented and high achieving cousin Anne. Love her. Mostly platonically...


  22.  Right??


23. Okay, I might start chanting this to my kids every day. #lifegoals #parentinggoals


24. Okay screen shots come in super handy when Chuck's co-workers post pictures of the gang at work! This is forever ago but I love it:


25. Yes. A good day is Carma on one leg and Jack on the other. A bad day is them shoving each other off and then attempting to reclaim 'king of the mountain' bragging rights...


26. Haha, I pull this picture up when guilt about housework or cereal for dinner starts creeping in!


27. Love this from Elder Holland.


28. Okay, one night I found the scarymommy instagram account and laughed my hiney off whilst screenshotting all my faves - you know, the ones that ring SO true and you feel so validated that you're not the only one??


29. Oh hi Carma.


30. Possibly my favorite part of Chuck's days off...


31. Okay, this guy is a frequent contributor to scarymommy and Chuck looked at me weird when I laughed so hard at this one, but come on! So funny!


32. We have a running joke in my family about what it really means if you tell someone you're "on the freeway". #stillinthedriveway #sometimesinthehouse


33. Oh man, Elder Holland for the win again. I've had more than my share of encounters with angels of the earthly variety... and absolutely felt the strength and spirit of the heavenly kind... and my goal is to do my part to be that angel for others in need. 


34. This might become a sign somewhere in my house - like on the back of the front door maybe? Love.


35. Aaaand we'll just end with this gem of Carma as my lockscreen last year. I used to do a screenshot of the time when I kind of woke up to nurse her because come 7am I honestly had no idea how often it had been... and so the 3-4...5... screenshots provided much needed validation that I really was that tired, haha.

Isn't everyone feeling prettttty grateful right about now that I haven't graced Pinterest with my presence?? You're all welcome ;).

6 comments:

Bethany said...

I just want to say that that last shot of Carma is TRULY adorable.

Pamela Hunter-Braden said...

I LOVE this post!! I laughed and laughed.

elisepolice said...

This was the perfect combination of inspiring and funny reading for first thing in the morning trying to make myself get out of bed;). Thanks, Jana.

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

This was super entertaining!

Holly Cameron said...

Can I just say I got stuck on your first screenshot in this post. Hahaha. I looked up our names on urbandictionary. There were a lot of laughs and truths...and a nonexistent Creed outside of the band...those were all funny though. Anyways I came back today to read the rest of your post because we got thaaaat distracted! So much entertainment in such a short post. When I clear off my phone...about a 1/4 of the pics are screenshots that go straight to my pinterest boards :)

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

I also want to say that I love the one about "I left later than I told you I did" because we have learned from experience to always adjust for Braden time.