.

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Clyde is NINE (and a half, whoops!)

Once upon a time back in September, Clyde turned 9!
We kicked off his birthday with some pictures before school, because why not? This is actually the first time in Clyde's little life that he's had to attend school on his actual birthday, which seems crazy.

Clyde had Scouts that night and got to officially kick off his career as a Bear. Their activity was creating a family motto/shield so in advance we came up with "love, pray, work, play". And after Scouts we played in the sand for a while because, again, why not?
We celebrated as a family the next night when Chuck was around - we had pancakes for dinner and Clyde got Minecraft legos which he promptly built and showed off!

 And then we stretched out the bday celebrations to the next week when I (finally) made the poor kid some cupcakes (he took cookies to school on his birthday), which I think Carma actually enjoyed the most:
And Clyde recruited his buddies Andrew and Asher to head over to the bike park with him (photo credit: Chuck) and they reportedly all had a great time!

Clyde is the cutest, funniest, SASSIEST, most energetic (until it comes to chores, grrr) nine-year-old around and we love him so much. Even as his most exasperating I just have to remind myself how much he reminds me of me at that age and then I try to breathe deeply and not punish him too much for being a victim of genetics ;). This birthday was actually pretty difficult for me because it's halfway to 18 - which will find my baby graduated from high school and moving on to a mission and college and leaving me behind and oh my gosh I'm going to start crying again haha. BUT the point is that Clyde is nine... and a half almost... and we love him!

2 comments:

Pamela Hunter-Braden said...

And boy oh boy do I love him, too. Sweetest grandson I could ever ask for. A perfect oldest granchild to set a wonderful example for others.

Holly Cameron said...

What a good kid! And he looks especially old in the bike gang pics! Holy crap. He's almost double digits! Ok...I'll stop.