.

Friday, January 29, 2016

#500: toddler Carma fashion show!


Holy smokes, this is my 500th blog post! At the rate I'm going, I'll get to 1000 in... a mere fifty years ;). Anyhow, to celebrate I'm pausing my enthralling recap blogs of last summer and instead running through all the cute clothes that Carma wore from 12-18 months (so like May-November), most of which she's grown out of by now which obviously kills me because they're all so dang cute. 

Ohh this was one of my favorite dresses (spoiler alert: they were all one of my favorite dresses hahaha) and this was one of the last times Carma wore it. I just love everything about it - the shape, the flower pattern, the ribbon. This dress was a hand-me-down from my friend Angie, but later at Savers I found the same dress but in brown and a larger size and the excitement I felt was probably disproportionate to the occasion ;). But it made it easier to pack this one away!
Another Sunday ensemble - this little green skirt was one of the things I bought the day I found out I was having a girl! And at one point she was wearing her sparkly silver sneakers so we could match. Also please notice how once Carma started walking it because loads more difficult to take pictures of her outfits, grrrr.

Oh, this was such a sweet dress (another one from Angie) and the little ribbon/button hair bow was made by someone at my baby shower, but I don't know who! Oh, and I bought those little white shoes from a friend's garage sale in June and they were the perfect church shoes all summer long.
Ohh, and I think this was the last time we squeezed her into this darling dress - a Savers find while I was pregnant. I'm still obsessed with it; I loooove the eyelet look. And Carma loves that it's versatile enough to climb on times whilst wearing, grrrrr.

Swimsuits! (both from Angie - have I mentioned I love her??) Pretty sure every little girl needs a swimsuit with a little attached tutu at some point in her life, I remember the purple one I wore back in my younger days...
Oh, I don't even know why I loved this dress so much but I did! I found it at D.I. one day, and it was clearly a cute little homemade sewing project left unfinished - there was no button for the back. No worries, I cut another hold and randomly tied it with a ribbon haha. And it went perfectly with one of the darling fabric bows that my bfsc Courtney made for Carma!

Ooh, another purple day - this was in October to match with me haha. The skirt and shoes are from Angie, and the sweater was a D.I. find that I couldn't pass up - and the tights were a Children's Place clearance find... that she wore last winter... that still fit! This was one of those days where RS just wasn't happening so we sat in the foyer third hour and she ran around and kept Sister Corse entertained ;).
Okay, forget any other dress - THIS is my favorite (again from Angie!). The first time she wore it I dressed kind of to match and WE DIDN'T GET A PICTURE UGGGGH. Before church was crazy and then Carma fell asleep on the way home and I (wisely) let her sleep, hence the carseat/bed pictures. She also wore it on her first day of nursery and I think I loved the yellow headband with it even more.

Ohhhh man, this sweet little peach/orange dress was sooo darling. Trying to get a picture of Carma in it was not darling, grrrrr. Spoiler alert: it's from Angie and there was a mint green version as well. Keep scrolling ;).
Hahaha, the Sunday before Halloween!! Skirt from Grandma Izatt, shirt/sweater/tights from various thrift stores. Cute orange and yellow and white bow was another one from my baby shower, so fun that Carma can wear them all now!

Ohhh I love this little shirt/tunic; luckily it should still fit for a while longer. I walked away from it a couple times at D.I. before I finally realized it was worth the $2 and bought it :).
Okay, Carma was not thrilled with a photo shoot after church this day but this cute pink and green jumper was a nod to Grandma Pam, of course :) and was either a Savers or garage sale find...

Ohhh, this little green dress was definitely a garage sale find and soooo darling! I feel like it needed an Elsa braid, but neither Carma's hair nor my hands were up to that challenge ;).
 
 
Okay, my trick for the summer was pairing a hand-me-down shirt from the boys with girlie shorts/shoes/headband haha. It worked pretty well, when she wasn't attempting to strip poolside so I'd let her swim ;).

 Some more variations of this look: (also, Carma's cheesy grin ahhhhhh!!!!!)
At our ward share & swap I found a few little girl shirts that were the perfect size and Carma got to wear pink and purple!

Okay, this grouping is for Chuck! The bottom right shows some cute capris she had that were his favorite, and the other two are times that Chuck was in charge of getting her dressed - I especially loved showing up to the church that Saturday morning and finding Carma wearing her brother's bearded hat ;).
Okay, these make me laugh - a couple shots of Carma on cool fall mornings as we're taking the boys to school.

Random grouping - top left is the first time in her life Carma was called a boy and I couldn't even correct the other late night Walmart shopper because... yeah. Top middle was for the Sunday before 4th of July! Top right was for her one year dr checkup I think, and those orange shorts made me soooo happy. Bottom left was a cute little ruffled tunic, bottom right was such a simple outfit - green onesie, jean shorts, sparkly silver shoes but I just loved it. And the bottom middle was during our shortlived careers as...cowgirls? I think? for our Lagoon Izatt family picture.
More Sundays! This was in July right before Pioneer Day, so I pulled out one of the darling skirts that my Grandma Carma made for me when I was little. It's still big for Carma, but this summer she should be able to wear a lot of those clothes which makes me so happy!

The last few times wearing this cute dress (from D.I.). The dang hem never wanted to stay down and I never wanted to iron, so we struggled there a bit but those embroidered flowers were just the cutest.
Oh, another matching Sunday! (I should put a dollar in a jar every time I do this so that there's a savings account for her future counseling sessions...) This was another little jumper from Angie and it was just the perfect little thing for late spring.

Obviously not Sunday (can you tell I abandoned all organization this post and just muddled through with whatever order the pictures came in?? It's okay, I can do whatever I want! This is my FIVE HUNDREDTH POST!) but I will never be able to not buy a "Best Little Sister" shirt at Savers. Especially when it's true - check out Carma mowing the lawn for her brothers! Sometime I promise I never did for my mine ;).
More pictures of That Dress. I just looooove it.

And finally, the aforementioned mint green little lacey flowery darlingest dress:
I'm pretty sure I'm the mostly unlikely person person to love clothes (she types while wearing athletic shorts, t-shirt and sweatshirt from the men's department of stores haha) but I do, and I love all of the memories of my kids wearing certain clothes - which is why I have to do these recaps of Carma's clothes since she's the only one to wear so many of them! And I'm so grateful for generous friends who pass along clothes and for all of my thrift store finds and it seems silly but I totally credit those as blessings from Heavenly Father.

And thus concludes 500 blog posts from Jana!

4 comments:

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

So cute! I feel like this post could end with some total of what was actually spent on Carma's entire wardrobe and it would be like $12 or something and you could be one of those people who writes a viral post on "how to dress your daughter for an entire year for less than $20" or something like that. She's sure cute!

Holly Cameron said...

Jana....J.a.N.a. First. I am impressed with how fast you punched this post out. Impressive. Second. Oh my heart. She is freaking beautiful. Like your boys are realllllllly cute, but you did good on making a girl too ;) I love her facial expressions and her cheesy cheesy smile. Again, can you be my mom!? So many darling outfits. I love all of the fun tshirts she gets to wear because she has brothers. This recap of outfits must happen for the rest of her life....i'm just saying. And then some day she'll be like you and have a blog and recap her own outfits, just like you! I have high hopes! What a darling little girl.

ELA said...

Oh....my.....goodness! She is too cute for words! All those dresses/outfits are absolutely adorable! I want a girl so bad!

Maren said...

So fun! So much adorableness! I really wish I had taken more pictures of Norah like this. I have a handful, but we had only sort of converted over to a digital camera at the time. So glad you have all this cuteness documented!