.

Friday, September 4, 2015

april: Clyde's first Pinewood Derby!


Clyde was pretty psyched for his first Pinewood Derby in Cub Scouts and I'd be lying if I said Chuck (as a, you know, dad) and I (as a former Cub Scout leader/organizer of pinewood derbies) weren't pretty excited as well ;). Brother Murphy provided his services helping the boys cut out their cars, and then Clyde got to work creating his Minecraft-themed masterpiece:
 I'm not one to usually tout my brilliance (that's an absolute lie) but I came up with the idea to print off Minecraft swords for Clyde to color and then modpodge onto the car. It's possible that I've missed my calling in life as some sort of Pinterest trailblazer...

It was a really fun afternoon; the Cub Scouts invited the Activity Day girls to participate as well, so there were lots of races to watch and enjoy. The crowd went wild when sweet, tiny Alyssa Cunningham won race after race to be crowned the overall winner on the girls' side.
 And Clyde (Isatt?) did awesome as well - he ended up getting third place on the Cub Scout side, as well as having the Fastest Run Overall. 

Here are a couple videos Chuck got, one of Clyde's first race against his buddy Deion and the second of Clyde's race against eventual overall winner Andrew. Enjoy Will in the background - all three of our younger kids were ON SOMETHING and keeping them juggled and away from the racetrack and semi-quiet was tricky...





 And here are medalists! Clyde got third place, Andrew got first place, and Noah got second. Cute boys!!

1 comment: