.

Monday, May 4, 2015

a new Rorschach test with alarming results...


Sat down at the computer to find a few old pictures for my sister-in-law aaaand two hours later, I'm still here - stuck in a wave of nostalgia and the like (and with a sore back from holding a sleeping Carma for that long...).

In the midst of scrolling through Picasa, I found pictures of Carma clearing out the kitchen towel drawer a few months ago and remembered a collage I'd made of the boys all doing the same. I pulled up the collage to add her and as I did so, I had an epiphany:
... each of these pictures reflects the child's personality to a startlingly accurate and terrifying degree.
Clyde, on the very left: pretty impressed and a little surprised by his own capabilities, confident in his sneakiness, overachiever - opting for the second drawer up instead of the bottom one, etc.
Will, second from left: going with the flow, albeit somewhat reluctantly - he seems to understand the expectation that at this developmental stage he should pull out the drawer and empty it, but is still hesitant to break the rules.
Jack, second from the right: gleefully making a mess. Knows he's caught, laughs in the face of possible consequences/discipline. Relies on his adorableness to save his hide.
And this is where it gets scary: Carma, on the very right? LOOKS JUST LIKE JACK. Her little scrunched up face of joy and happiness, even when she knows she's busted. Another picture shows her merrily waving a towel as she drops it to the ground. 

Heaven help us all; I don't know if I'm ready for two of them. Remember the old Captain Planet line about 'let our powers combine'?? I feel like Jack + Carma will eventually equal the demise of my sanity...

4 comments:

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

So cute and funny!

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

So cute and funny!

jayna said...

This made my morning so enjoyable! If you have to be done in by such a cute duo, what a way to go...

Holly Cameron said...

Love the pic of all four of them cleanin' out yo drawers. Jack's smile kills me.