.

Monday, March 2, 2015

What I wore to church the rest o' 2014


I'm not entirely sure what my line of thinking here was, because looking at a bajillion pictures of my post-pregnancy self is all sorts of special. Luckily I'm pretty chill with my baby weight-turned-cookie dough weight enhanced figure ;). These pictures start in May riiiiight after Carma was born and go through the end of the year. Enjoy!

MAY and JUNE:
Yeah, I just lumped these two months together so we needn't dwell on them longer than necessary. On the very left is the Sunday I was still in the hospital - don't hate me, but I love those hospital gowns. I mean, I wouldn't object if they rolled out a few in a cute orange print, but overall they're comfortable and not hideous and I'm sure very thoroughly washed between patients. Because I'm crazy and felt pretty good the allure of showing off a beautiful newborn was too much to ignore, I waddled myself to church the next week wearing that excellent black wrap dress that deserves an A+ for giving the illusion that I had some shape beyond round. I like the contrast of the middle two weeks - first I'm sporting what is definitely a maternity t-shirt and an elastic waistband skirt and the next week I was apparently feeling super ambitious and wore a nice dress with buttons. Buttons! (I just consulted the calendar and remembered that it was Father's Day and also Chuck worked that day, making it my first Sunday at church with four kids. I think I was in 'fake it 'til you make it' mode...) The last outfit was to coordinate with Independence Day that week! I'm suuuper patriotic. 

 JULY:
Red and blue are always appropriate, even two days aaafter the 4th of July. The rest of the month I opted for interchangeable shirts and skirts. Nursing puts quite a few limitations on my Sunday wardrobe options, alas. But seriously, those two middle pictures are kind of weirding me out in how much they look alike; I think it actually might be the same shirt in two different colors...

AUGUST:
 Mmm, I think the second week was my attempt to incorporate some pink for my mom's birthday. The next week was definitely for the start of the college football season... I don't remember details of the last week but daaaaang I looked good! I love when I suck it in at juuust the right time for the picture ;).

SEPTEMBER:
 Well, we run quite the gauntlet this month in terms of outfits and facial expressions and photography angles, haha. The black and white and red outfit was to coordinate with Carma's darling Minnie Mouse onesie/polka dot skirt that week. I feel like that would have come across better if I was holding her in the picture... And the last week was the day Carma was blessed and I forgot to get a solo shot, hence the cropped family one!

 OCTOBER:
Halloween-inspired outfits, hooray! Okay, maybe that purple skirt is just randomly flattering? I might ditch my 'different outfit every week' plan and just wear it over and over...

NOVEMBER:
Ahhh I love fall colors, so what an excellent month to have five Sundays! And I like the starting and ending with my yellow tights - unplanned, but I'm a fan. Also, I might have a slight cardigan obsession. They're part of a winter sale at Savers later this week and I feel like I might come home with a few more...

DECEMBER:
Obviously some Christmas colors in the middle - tied together by the same wooden bead necklace that I definitely stole from my mom while we were cleaning out her house :). I totally spaced getting a picture in Utah the first Sunday, so excellent job to Courtney for taking that one of me, haha! And the last outfit was my sparkle for New Year's Eve! And also, possibly my favorite skirt. Maybe I'll just rotate that one with the purple one? It's okay that I still can't zip it right??

 AND there you have it, all of my church outfits of 2014, post-baby. Someday maybe I'll get ambitious and post more of my everyday ensembles that have thus far been fairly wasted on the other parents picking up their kids after school. I think y'all would be prettty surprised how many looks I can put together, considering I wear the exact same navy blue athletic shorts (it's cool, I have two identical pair - for laundering purposes) Monday-Saturday...

5 comments:

Pamela Hunter-Braden said...

Is that my patchwork skirt in September that you made me throw away? It looks awfully similar.

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

Love it. I laughed a lot. Love the line about being all sorts of special, and also that you have two pairs of athletic shorts for laundering purposes. Kind of like when you thought I was all dressed up to go visiting teaching in a maxi skirt, but it was because I only owned one pair of jeans that were currently being washed.

Maren said...

I loved this! And also, as I was enjoying your and Carma's coordinating outfits Saturday at the baptism (striped skirts and sparkly shoes!), I was definitely thinking that she should make appearances in these posts on such occasions. I mean, we can take your word that there was a cute Minnie Mouse outfit involved, but how much better to just show us? All those Mommy and Me outfits! But, hey, no pressure!

Holly Cameron said...

My favorite post...every time! I freaking love you and all of your coordination. I really like you in purple. Like for reals. I know you're all about orange and stuff, but your hair looks freaking gorg with purple. You're adorable though annnd a freaking super star...church the Sunday after baby Carma was born...Gosh I hope you were still on pain killers to do that ;) I still love your black button up dress. Hot, Hot! You also kill it in Navy blue and white. You're just freakin' cute and I'm glad you document this kind of stuff.

jayna said...

You are utterly endearing!!