.

Monday, November 17, 2014

Carma is six months!


... and what better way to mark the occasion that a little virtual fashion show? Here's how cute she's looked the last three months in clothes that she's now mostly outgrown as she gets chunkier and chunkier (atta girl!). So here's a lengthy rundown in no particular order:
Starting with an outfit near and dear to my heart - so cute, right?? I dolled her up like this and then sent her to Costco with Chuck and Jack (I was in one of the boys' classrooms helping). She declined to keep her shoes on, but still soooo cute.

Ohh, this romper made me so happy just looking at it:
And of course I loved it on her. A super cute girl whose family summers here in Nampa with her in-laws (happily in my ward!) gave me a box of hand-me-downs. Thanks Angie!!

 Some church outfits:
Okay, the one in the bottom right never actually made it to church because she definitely spit up... alllll over it... right as I was buckling her in her carseat, but it's still darling, thanks Cassandra! Lucky I'd already gotten the picture :).

Remember back in the day when I made Carma some onesies? Here's the 'Packers' one, as I call it:
Complete with the star on the bum :).

Another romper from Angie! This one killed me. Carma wore it basically every time it was clean. 
And another one, which made me think of the Chiquita banana lady for some reason. And, also, Carma's face. Love.

My dear BFSC Heidi gave Carma this polka dot sweatshirt and she wears it pretty much every day, starting back when it was still too big :).
I usually think yellow is kind of overwhelming, but this romper was just perfect on her.

 This was a dress that Emily gave Carma, so she wore it the last Sunday that Berthelsons were at church. Also it proved comfortable enough for an after-church nap with Daddy!!
This was Carma's first complete outfit with non-BSU shoes :). #milestone

 Some October/Halloween ensembles. Those candy corn tights were possibly the best seventy-five cents I've ever spent, despite the fact that I felt like I was cheating on Savers by shopping at Goodwill.
 The whole family got dressed up for Election Day, because, why not? Chuck and I took both little kids in with us when we voted, and an election worker asked to take a picture of Carma :). This skirt was a D.I. find that didn't make the cut for her Halloween costume but worked excellently two patriotic Tuesdays in a row (Election Day, Veteran's Day).

Alas, this was Carma's face when she heard most of the results that night: 
Church last week. Darling jumper courtesy of Maren.

OH these pictures make me happy. This was Carma's outfit for Clyde's baptism. I originally bought this dress as a back-up blessing dress in case mine didn't fit our chunk-a-chunk (spoiler alert: we stuffed her chubbs into my dress. future post). I feel compelled to share that it was a Target clearance find for $6. And that it used to have silk-ish pale pink flowers on the waist that were nice but not my favorite so I pulled them off and instead tied a random, fraying piece of dark blue fabric around it. 
[I've never actually watched Project Runway, but I feel like I would be a strong contender.]
What is it with polka dots and babies?? Love.

We're not super big on wearing official pajamas around these parts (mostly we just wear pajama-type clothes on a day-to-day basis...) but here are some of the ones Carma's worn... and outgrown... and that I then still stuffed her into for the pictures:
This super cute dress and jacket was from my aunt Diane and uncle Brent and I loved how it was cute different colors than a lot of her other clothes. 

I loved this little shirt... and the flamingo pants (courtesy of Grandma Pam, of course) that by this point were capris:
This is going to be Carma's M.O. this winter for church: cute dress with pants and a little jacket/cardigan! Also, yes, I was wearing yellow tights that day; it was my annual kick-off-to-November yellow/orange/red outfit. 

Here is Carma in an array of rainbow colors: 'I love my dad' onesie and blue pajamas courtesy of older brother hand-me-downs, orange Boise State dress courtesy of my cute friend Star, and everything else courtesy of Savers.
Buuuut don't worry, Carma also wears plenty of pink.

Okay, that's Carma! We sure love our sweet, happy six-month-old chubster!

4 comments:

Holly Cameron said...

I love her and all of her darling outfits! Seriously. I wish I had that many cute outfits to make a blig out of :) What a cute little sweetie pie!

Holly Cameron said...

*blog

jayna said...

I want a new blog called Daily Carma. See the play on words there? It would be the antithesis to bad news in the world. She's way cuter than kittens playing. Nothing but Carma, her grin or pouty face are equally acceptable, in her outfits (bronco ones excepting) once a day posts. You'll be an internet sensation (in my house.)

Emily and Owen Johnston said...

Ok. Carma could not possibly get any cuter!!! I LOVE all of these pictures - she definitely makes me want to have another girl!! Seriously - you and Chuck make BEAUTIFUL children (that isn't supposed to come across as creepy, I promise!)