.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

School so far


Once upon a time two months ago Clyde and Will started school! Clyde is in third grade with Miss Wiltrout and Will is in first grade with Miss Overcast and both teachers are highly qualified and excellent and perfect for each boy.
Here are some 'first day' pics - which actually fell on the second day that school was in session. Jack was not thrilled when his brothers hopped out of the van and he was left with his mom and sister. Carma and I tried not to be offended, haha.

Aaand a few random pictures from the first weeks of school. Both boys are doing well and I'm able to be in each of their classrooms once a week (ish) which I love. Clyde and I were both very proud of his lego depiction of a suburban area (the bottom right is a park, the upper left is a school, hence the flag on top). Will comes home every day eager to teach me about blending and monkey/gorilla/alligator(?) letters and the bathroom 'washing hands' rules (ie how many squirts of soap and how many pumps of the paper towel dispenser) and who didn't follow the bathroom 'washing hands' rules that day :). I feel like Will's future career path might lead him to be some sort of compliance officer... 

Speaking of Will, he loves doing his homework. One particular week he needed to use adjectives in three sentences and he drew inspiration from all around him - the paper, the fun neat oversized pen he was using, his little brother:
And then it's possible that Chuck and I died laughing...

Oh, and the boys had their jog-a-thon last week, which raises money for end-of-the-year field trips. 
(We're awesome and haven't turned in their folders yet if anyone would like to contribute!) 
 Clyde ignored us at all costs, Will welcomed me running with him for three laps until I almost passed out (there's a chance I'm "out" of "shape") and Jack and Carma chillaxed on the side, as is the lot of younger siblings.

Yay school!

4 comments:

Holly Cameron said...

Ok. This has fulfilled my need to not ask you all the time how the boys are doing in school! Clyde...growing up. Haha! Wouldn't let you run with him. And Jack's face in that first pic is priceless!!!

Bethany said...

I would like to say 2 things.

1.) What literary and artistic sounding names your teachers have!

2.) That IS a big... pen...

Bethany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

So cute! I'm glad the boys are doing well!