.

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Cousin George's visit!


When I found out that Chuck's mom would be here the last weekend in June and that we would be in Elko for the 4th of July the following weekend, I realized it might be a perfect time to steal one of our older nieces or nephew for a few days. A couple phone calls and some finagling later, the plans were set for George to hang out with us - making this the third summer in a row! George is two years older than Clyde and fits in perfectly around here.
The weekend George came was spent around the house playing board games and running around like crazy kids in the front yard. Carma and I watched sedately from the porch glider.

We ventured out and about quite a bit during George's visit, which at first seemed unlikely since I had yet to really attempt just taking my four kids anywhere... but it turns out, a fifth kid that is almost 10 and very helpful and responsible makes outings much easier! George was so sweet to always help buckle or unbuckle Jack, hold hands with the boys, hold Carma when I needed two hands, etc. Such a great kid!
We hit up the dollar movie one morning; alas, Rio 2 was sold out but Mr. Peabody and Sherman wayyy exceeded my (very low) expectations. The three older boys all gave it a thumbs up, Carma slept through the whole thing, and Jack got real antsy about half way through and ran up and down the aisles.

The past two summers part of George's visits have been to attend a science day camp, so this year I just put all the boys in the playroom with a bunch of recyclable materials and scissors and tape and told them to go at it. They were as adorable and creative as I knew they would be!
 Chuck took the four boys to our favorite park in Nampa for a bit one day; I think Carma and I were visiting teaching...

And one afternoon we left Carma home with Grandma Pam so that Chuck and I could take the four boys swimming, wooo!
Love all these boys :).

There was also plenty of screen time: the boys played lots of video games and we initiated George into our mandated nightly viewings of Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune. George was also sooo sweet with Carma, always quick to respond when she fussed or needed anything. I'm so glad he was able to come; we love this summer tradition!!

2 comments:

Izzy said...

George gets excited whenever jeopardy is on at our house. Which its on a lot because Steve loves it !

Holly Cameron said...

So fun! Oh my gosh when you were saying 'the four boys' i had to keep reminding myself that carma is a girl and that george is the fourth boy. Ha! So fun though!