.

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Baby fashion show


Well, Carma hit the three-month mark a couple of weeks ago and to make sure I reeeeally got the message that she has no intentions of staying little forever, she also embarked upon a serious growth spurt wherein the size of her thighs doubled and a third chin emerged. 
{Ahhh, to be young again and have those characteristics be so. dang. cute...}

The sad part of all this? All the darling clothes she's outgrown! So without further ado, here's a quick fashion recap of some of my favorite outfits and such from the last three months...
Dresses for church! SO cute, right?

I've taught Carma early the versatility of a good graphic tee (er, onesie...):
Why yes, I did make that 'C' onesie. Thanks for noticing!

A couple little pajama numbers from when I was a baby:
 My Little Pony is always in style, thank goodness. The other one... I was unsure about. The lacy collar and wrists seemed a bit formal/early 19th century men's wear for my taste.

Here's a random assortment of Carma sporting greys and pinks:
The pink shorts on the bottom left are some of my favorite, Holly found them so that Carma could fit in with our 'soft shorts' (aka athletic shorts) family, hahaha. And the picture on the bottom right isn't directly fashion-related, but rather a good reminder about the importance of beauty sleep :). 

It's always fun to dress up for a specific occasion, amIright? Here we have (clockwise starting in the top left) Father's Day, Fourth of July, the night before Father's Day, Grandma Pam's birthday, the Sunday before Grandma Pam's bday, and finally, Janell Hyer's birthday - she LOVES Mickey/Minnie Mouse. 
(PS my bfsc Courtney made that onesie. And that bow. And a bunch of other bows. She's amazing).
 Here are some more Sunday outfits! My niece Courtney made the braided fabric headband Carma's wearing in the middle picture. Is it a thing that all Courtneys are cute and crafty and awesome??

And a few more casual ensembles:
The cute monkey onesie (bottom left) was part of a huge assortment of clothes and accessories that a group of Chuck's co-workers gave us back in January, shortly after we found out we were having a girl. It was so fun to open the gift bag and see so much pink! And the fun, bright outfit in the middle was courtesy of another one of Chuck's co-workers, Sylvia.

Ahhh, this eases a bit of the pain I felt packing away all of these darling clothes, never to again adorn a wee Izatt baby. AND it also made me feel loads better about all the times that Carma wears the same onesie two days in a row or spends a majority of the day in just a diaper, haha. At least I have proof that she gets dressed up on a pretty regular basis!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...


love
love
love the fashion show!!!!!

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

The vain side of me was hoping to see her in all the things I brought her, thanks for including them. She looks adorable!

Pamela Hunter-Braden said...

It is hard to pack them away. Are you saving them for your grand-daughters? Because Carma will think they are all hideous when you give them to her (except maybe the Little Pony sleeper and the cutest one of all with the lace around the wrists).

Holly Cameron said...

How come she is so adorable. I could seriously just look at these pictures all day and still see something new. I love her in polka dots. So cute. And the star wars outfit makes her an official Izzat to me. Also, I love her pink soft shorts. That was a good buy for sure. My little pony outfit...she's totally rockin' it. And I love love love all of her dresses! Seriously. One of my most favorite posts ever!

Grace said...

Love it! The neon is my favorite. What a cutie pie!!

jayna said...

SHE REMAINS THE MOST DARLING CREATURE IN ALL THE WORLD!!!!

and you put those cute shoes on RIGHT! well done, on both baby and shoes!