.

Monday, July 28, 2014

Some Fun Stuff That Happened In June


June was wonderful and crazy and fun and tiring and busy and here's some of what we were up to:
Jack built some sort of upside down chair train and plopped himself right in the middle of it. Looks comfy...

Aunt Gina was here!
Gina is Chuck's aunt on his mom's side (married to Terri's brother Bill) and lives waaaay far away in Pennsylvania. She was in the area for a niece's wedding and made the time to come and visit and meet Carma :).

Aaand cousins came too, hooray! Bill and Gina's kids Lehi and Rachel live in Rexburg and had also come west for the wedding.
Rachel and her husband Taylor are expecting a baby of their own around Christmas, so fun! And Lehi and his wife Brei have a sweet little boy just a few weeks older than Carma...

so obviously Chuck and I needed to sneak him out for some cuddling, here's baby Maverick:
Crazy the size difference! Carma was a little over two weeks and Maverick was just shy of two months :).

And we all squeezed in for a picture to share with Grandma Thomas on facebook :).
Chuck, Carma, Jana, Jack, Rachel, Taylor, Aunt Gina, Lehi, Maverick, and Brei with Will and Clyde on the floor. 
Thanks again for stopping in to see us everyone!!

Mid-June brought Carma's first girls' night, wooo!
And Emily's first time meeting her :). After our traditional Shari's fun, we ventured over to Paulina's new house to look around and I stuck Carma and Myla together so they could be friends! I love Myla's face, she's clearly thrilled with her new crying friend...

OH, so this will be covered more in a future post, but for our anniversary I sweet-talked Chuck into doing a CHEESY AS ALL GET OUT little photo shoot at the temple and because I'm a good person, the heavens smiled upon us and Holly was in town over our anniversary and sweetly agreed to be our photographer.
 And of course she and I had to get some pictures at the end of us. Holly is just amazing and it meant soooo much that she took the time to do this for us and didn't make fun of me. Looove her.

One Monday in June found us eating delicious frozen yogurt for our FHE treat :).
 And I have it on good authority that if a portion of the proceeds of your frozen yogurt go to charity (in this case, stupidcancer.org in honor of Lara), then the calories don't count....

Chuck and Clyde sneaked off on one Saturday to hang out with Ryan and Hunter and go shooting.
They had a great masculine time, as always.

I got to see Holly a couple more times before she left town again - this time without a set date for her next visit, so sad. I just miss her.
We went for a run... aka a walk wherein I slightly jogged for a portion of it... but Holly was sweet and patient and brought me custard (it was frozen... but you don't need to say frozen first... you don't say frozen ice cream...be cool, it's a Wiscaaaansin thing) as my post-run reward. And Holly got in one last baby Carma snuggle before she left, of course.

 And finally, here are some random June pictures:
 I just love my little snuggly baby :).

Oh, and one day Will and I were at his doctor's appointment and I realized that our shorts matched. A lot. As did our shoes.
 We thought it was pretty great.

Okay, and that was some of our June! Don't worry, there's loads more! You're welcome! 
(what's that? you hadn't thanked me? oh, i just assumed....)

4 comments:

Maren said...

Oh I'm always very thankful for your blog posts! So much fun, and I love the last shots of you and Carma!

Rachel Lloyd said...

Made it on the blog. Ohhhh yeahhhh :) So great to see you and your cute family!

jayna said...

I love that you unabashedly admire matching with a (six?) year old boy. It's one of the many joys I have in you.

Holly Cameron said...

Ok. Precious! You and Carma! So cute!!! And she is looking huge! Like long huge. Makes me sad. Also, I love Custard. And it was even better eating it runny with you. I LOVED being your 'photographer'. So much fun! Myla looks a lot like beccum (yup, definitely butchered that spelling) and back to the beginning. How fun to have so many people to come meet Carma!