.

Friday, July 25, 2014

Carma's early outings


... and by 'Carma's early outings' I mean you might have to squint and look until you spot her carseat as evidence that she was really there...

So there's a neat new-ish (or maybe new-ish-ly remodeled?) park here in Nampa that we've hit up a few times now. Well, Chuck and the boys have gone a few times, Carma and I have gone exactly once. But it was fun!
This visit occurred on Carma's two week birthday, so she and I happily settled in on a bench and she slept and I watched my cute boys run around.

Our ward had some peach tree thinnin' to do in late May, which is always a good time. Thinning is a slow-ish going process, so it required multiple visits. I skipped the one three days before Carma's birth, but we made it out when she was two and three weeks old. Everyone thought I was trying to prove my pioneer heritage, but really I just wanted a hot dog and to supervise the work - which is usually all I get accomplished on orchard trips anyways :).
Jack loved the orchard, probably because all his favorite playmates were on hand!

We had a wonderful Sunday evening visit to my dad's house at the beginning of June:
Jack was especially mesmerized by the awesome landscaping in my dad's backyard; he helped water and picked a rose for me and narrowly avoiding falling into the pond whilst looking at the fish!

 And here's the only shot of Carma from that night, being carried back to the van by Grandpa! :)

 In a moment of slight insanity, I took the two little kiddos and joined some friends for a fun nature walk near Melba two and a half weeks after Carma was born. The walk itself wasn't too bad, about a mile with loads of really neat statues and signs and knick knacks to look at. The tricky part was JACK and his tendency to wander off into the wilderness or refuse to walk or hang out with a statue for ten minutes while I waited in the heat...
 But we survived and it was good to get out of the house and Tasha and I had a great time talking on the drive there and back, so it was worth it :). PLUS Emily got that suuuper flattering picture of me where it looks like I'm trying not to wet my pants, so basically a win all the way around.

 And finally, we had a special adventure at the beginning of June so Carma could meet Uncle Quinn and Aunt Eden and cousins Isaac and Leila!! Queden and co made a quick quick trip up for Summer's HS graduation and we sneaked in a lunch date with them, so fun.
 Too bad we made Eden take the pictures and not actually be in them, whoops! 
Isaac was darling and gentle with Carma and it was fun to see what a difference four and a half months makes - aka the age gap between cute Leila and baby Carma. 

Of course, the official record should reflect that Quinn's initial reaction to Carma was a sound of horror and confusion - her cute tiny head had flopped to the side in her carseat and Quinn was (rightly) concerned :). Once we got that straightened out... literally... he was all admiration. And now I'm even more excited to get all three baby girl cousins together this fall!

3 comments:

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

Yay! I'm so happy you are blogging again! Get that baby's life documented!

Holly Cameron said...

You are a superstar! Who does that much days and weeks after they have a baby. I'm glad you're at least documenting all of this. She's pretty stinkin' cute!

jayna said...

I agree. Holy cow you just bounced right back into life! Of course if you probably feel it's a civic duty to expose as many people as possible to the overwhelming cuteness of Carma.

Now listen, next sunday night I may or may not be able to leave my too many children and come snuggle your baby if you wouldn't mind a visitor for a short time??? or if you are EVER in Boise, PLEASE STOP BY and leave her with me....permanently. We'll also need your boobs. I don't have any of those either. So just those three things, I'll be all set. Thanks!