.

Monday, April 21, 2014

Existing children update


My poor boys haven't gotten much face time on the blog lately, so before I recap some more Jana-centered adventures (a girls' weekend in McCall, a girls' weekend here with my bfsc's from Utah, my baby shower); I figured I'd showcase their cute little selves a bit:
Some school shots - the bottom left is 'crazy socks day' and the bottom right is 'mix-match day', both during Dr. Seuss week. And one morning I let Jack wear his little backpack to take the boys to school and bless his heart, he thought it meant he was also going to school and the tears that came when we drove away were in.tense.

These pictures were taken on a day when I was apparently extra neglectful and Will and Jack got all sorts of wonderful screen time, which they enjoyed from a box and also with Daddy's xbox headphones on. Goofs!!
As a way of dipping our toes into this whole 'girly' thing, the boys made some cute jewelry as we watched General Conference earlier this month. The boys took to it quite nicely and now [spoiler alert, Mom!] Grandma Pam has several pieces awaiting her for Mother's Day!

For a dreadful while there, Jack was very insistent that he had recently turned like ten and no longer needed a safety device of any sort in the car. He'd scramble into the van and head for the back row and settle in and then smile sweetly while I threatened everything under the sun to get him to come back... which he never did, which meant I got to hie my svelte self in to retrieve him. It was a blessed time for all involved. Anyways, prayer works because he's back to happily climbing into his car seat (as long as he gets to clip the top part) and we're all thrilled. This picture is from the olden days though, and I love it because he buckled his baby into his seat and I guess thought that would make the difference and we'd let him stay in the back, haha:
Jack is also hilariously dramatic right now when he's scolded or redirected or refused anything, and the best part is that Clyde is always there to offer solace. Will and Jack are good buds as well (as evidenced by the picture in the bottom right), but Clyde has a special soft spot for Jack and loves being his shoulder to cry on when Mom and Dad have the audacity to say no. Is it horrible that it actually makes saying no easier?? It just makes me laugh so hard to watch Jack run to Clyde's arms, haha!

And on the days that Jack has melted down about twenty times (meaning that I've melted down at least ten!), I just remind myself how flipping cute he is asleep:
Of course sometimes he gives me a heart attack whilst sleeping, like this day when I realized I hadn't seen him for a bit and then went looking and calling for him to no response. A bit alarming, especially considering his love of the front yard and recent ability to open the front door. Blessedly, he had just taken advantage of another new skill - climbing the bunkbed ladder to Clyde's bed - and fallen asleep up there. Oh, children!

And finally, a couple pictures of Clyde and Will mid-adventure. They are the sweetest little duo and play together so, so well (98% of the time....). Hopefully lightning strikes twice and my youngest two children will likewise be excellent playmates - we already know Jack doesn't mind dressing up in pink; I'm sure he'll be a natural at tea parties!!

5 comments:

Tami P said...

The relationship between clyde and jack is so cute! Your family is just so cute all together, which isn't hard to believe since your just a cute person!

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

I love those boys! Especially after seeing how sweet they were to my boys!

Holly Cameron said...

Awww! Will looks older in those bottom two pictures! I was just there!!! Gahhh. Can never keep up. Cute! Cute boys. I don't know how you keep up with them though...whilst being pregnant and all too! I'm such a wimp. Or I should say Ella has made me a wimp. I'm going to need to move back to you if we ever decide to have another kid. Cute cute boys though Jan. Jack is precious sleeping.

Holly Cameron said...

P.S. I love the title to this post. I laughed!

Holly Cameron said...

Ok...yah it's just me again. 3rd time. I just looked at this post again and was dying laughing at the top picture with clyde running in his Iron Man? no....Maybe captain america costume! He looks so legit! Ok. I just love your boys.