.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

July leftovers


Welcome to a l-o-n-g post of random July pictures!
Clyde after church one day, trying to figure out if the cool factor bestowed by the sunglasses, Nerf gun, and overall pose can outweigh the 'inside-out pocket' issue.

 Cuddly brothers.  Remember right after Jack was born when Will was somewhat indifferent to his existence in our home?  Well, that was pretty short-lived; Will is now (and has been for some time) as hands-on to his baby brother as Clyde is - which is saying something.  Jack gets LOTS of love and snuggles and a fairly ridiculous (-ly cute) amount of baby talk from both of his big brothers.

Our good friends/neighbors Jason and Grace play in a community band that performs concerts on alternating Mondays through the summer, so we trekked out to Caldwell on one such night to check it out.  The boys did really well and especially loved when a Star Wars song was played!  My favorite was the Fiddler on the Roof medley directed by Jason himself.

We have a very strict bedtime routine (that our structure-loving Will ensures we adhere to every night) that wraps up with family scriptures, family prayer, and books with Daddy. The four boys looked so cute snuggled up for scriptures one night that I couldn't help taking a picture. Also, after five plus years, we're getting dangerously close to finishing the Book of Mormon. Heaven help us (seriously) if we ever attempt the Bible.

Jack had his six-month check-up in July!  He was 17lbs 1oz and... some amount of inches long.  24 maybe?  Does that sound normal? 

And despite getting shots, he was still in a good enough mood to have a date with Ella that night!

Every six weeks or so when Chuck gets his hair cut at the beauty school, he wanders over to the next-door D.I. and inevitably comes home with something awesome for the little boys (and himself). This time it was three new Nerf guns (two of which are identical to ones we already owned, meaning Clyde and Will are more evenly outfitted) and a Star Wars blaster. They're all dang lucky I'm too scared/lazy to cut Chuck's hair myself...

Speaking of hair, I may have had a little too much fun with Jack's one Sunday morning before church.

Ha, my dear friend Maren needed a ride to a doctor's appt so we buckled in her two youngest kids as well and made an afternoon of it - including an impromptu trip through the car wash! Logan and Will were both a bit apprehensive, but Clyde and Norah were big fans :).

Clyde yelled for me one afternoon because Jack was threatening to destroy his carefully arranged block battleground, despite Clyde throwing himself in front of the baby as a barrier.  This was the day we learned Jack can crawl over people!

July brought the end of the church softball season, so we all sported red and showed up to cheer on the team at the tournament. Chuck was acting captain in Brother Swallow's absence and we played well... just not well enough to win, haha.

Jack has decided that he's a big enough boy to crawl and pull himself up on things, particularly when a big brother and the iPad are within reach.

For a few days he would end up 'stranded' on the trampoline and scream bloody murder (after smiling cutely for the camera!!) until one of us rescued him. Since then he's learned to slither off.

Sometimes Jack ends up with the iPad all by himself... and attempts to download some online VIP poker app.  Obviously going to have to keep an eye on this one.
 
 After I took the iPad away, Jack crawled out to the living room to hang out with his older zombies brothers while they played xbox.

Speaking of the xbox, we picked up the 'Kinectimals' game from the library and Will was SO cute playing it. You get to pick an animal to be your pet and help it do tricks and such. I've never been so tempted to buy Will a pet tiger before in my life!


And finally, this last picture just brings joy into my heart, haha. One day Holly mentioned that she made some banana bread and a loaf was waiting for me, but I knew I wouldn't be over there for a couple days so I (jokingly) reminded her to wrap it up, you know, clear Saran-style.  Instead this is what I found when I picked it up:
I seriously laughed for like five minutes.

Also, it was delicious. 

4 comments:

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

I need you to narrate my life. This was hilarious!

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

your boys are ridiculously cute!!! love all the pics!

Maren said...

This was a super fun post! I definitely need to get copies of the car wash pictures, as well as those from day camp.
I love hearing you as you talk on here. Makes it that much better! And that picture of Jack and Ella is adorable/awesome/darling/hilarious/etc.!
Jack's smiles are so cute that I *almost* wished (for a micro millisecond only!) that I had a happy baby around. :) Only a happy one though. ;)

Grace said...

woot! Our concert made the blog! I feel official now. :)
And the comment about wanting to buy Will a pet tiger made me laugh so hard. It's awesome.