.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Clyde's first day of school


OH, snap, we officially have ourselves a first grader:
After homeschoolin' it up for kindergarten last year, we made the transition to our local elementary school and we are all thrilled.

 And here we have the [outwardly] calm, collected parents. Some of Chuck's family were in town Sunday night and Monday so we were able to leave Will and Jack home that morning and just have Mom and Dad drop Clyde off at school the first day. I felt fine as we left the school, although a couple hours later it started to hit me that I had abandoned my child with next-to perfect strangers and had now been away from him longer than ever before when he wasn't with a family member. . . luckily that freak-out moment passed fairly quickly :).

And that afternoon Chuck and I headed back to the school and were so excited to see this cute face in the crowd of schoolkids:
Not surprisingly, he loved school and the following two days have gone just as well. So, so happy/relieved/proud of our little schoolboy! 

6 comments:

Missy08 said...

that is awesome who is his teacher

jayna said...

That first kid is always a doozy to let go of!! He looks like he loved it!

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

What a cute little first grader!

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

oh my gosh this made my stomach hurt!!! i am scared to death to send my little jax to school. i still have years ahead of me before i need to really worry! but it definitely is scary to let them go for hours... with strangers, nonetheless! he sure is a cutie! glad it was a success! :-)

Holly Cameron said...

Oh! Good job Clyde! He's a growing up! Sooo fun!

Ryan and Jackie Galloway said...

First grade?!?!?! How is he already that old?!