.

Monday, July 16, 2012

Isaac's special weekend


A couple of weekends ago we had lots of fun when Quinn and Eden came to town to bless baby Isaac!  Sam and Terri and their girls came as well and we got lots of good family bonding in while we were [almost] all together (Cody wasn't here and Chuck had to work most of the weekend, bummer on both counts!).
The first order of business was to get acquainted (Clyde and Will met their wee cousin Isaac for the first time!) and re-acquainted (Clyde took about three minutes to warm back up to Cameron) while we ate pizza at Grandma Pam's house on Saturday. 

One of our main goals for the afternoon was to get a nice picture of my mom with her six grandchildren.
Most of the shots looked like this...

But we got a couple good ones!  I was SO proud of Clyde; he held Jack the whole time and smiled like a champ.

Thanks to multiple cameras, we have this cute picture of Will and Unky Quinn from two different angles.  We're big on documentation.

We're also big on juice boxes.

And pizza and SunChips.

Next, let's play a fun game called 'Candidly Photogenic'.  It's where we admire people who look really really good in candid pictures.
Ahh, here is one of our winners, Eden.  Just chillin' on the couch... beautifully. 

The next winner is Terri, just chillin' on the back patio, also beautifully.  I kind of feel like this one should be in an 'easy/breezy/beautiful CoverGirl' ad.

And here we have our ... not-winner.
(Seriously though... I'm sure whatever child I'm reprimanding had it coming, but next time I might opt to keep my mouth closed and my eyebrows un-raised when I'm the presence of trigger-happy brothers.  Good thing Isaac is so dang cute!)

Oh, and just for fun, here's what Sam and Quinn would look like if they were a loving gay couple who took turns holding their triplets that they internationally adopted from three different countries:
Sam still can't believe how blessed they've been!


Our next activity on Saturday was meeting my dad at an orchard in Emmett for some cherry-picking fun.
But first it was time for Grandpa to meet his newest grandson!!

Then we got to work filling up the buckets.  Clyde was SO dang cute as he stuck real close to Sheets and made efforts to recruit more pickers by calling out "Hey, does anybody want to join our team? Cameron knows all the good spots to pick!"

Will was also darling.  He happily swung his bucket to and fro as he improvised a song about cherries and then watched verrry carefully while his loot was weighed.

This sweet boy was sooo happy despite the sweltering heat that curled his hair :).

Aaaand here's another awesome candid shot of me.  I don't feel too bad about it though, because I kind of think I look like a celebrity.  I can see this on an Us Weekly "Stars - They're Just Like Us!" spread with the caption 'They push strollers through the treacherous terrain of cherry orchards too!'

This picture made me laugh because that is also how I wear my camera and that is also how I frequently take pictures. 


After getting the cherries weighed and paid for (thanks Dad!!) we piled back into the cars for the caravan back to Nampa.
Cameron may have gotten the short stick - the very back row of the minivan between Clyde and Will, making sure Jack and Isaac were both happy (and buckled!!) in the middle row while Eden and I chatted happily up front :).


Once we got back to Nampa, we grabbed a freshly-off work Chuck and all changed clothes and headed to a nearby park for some family pictures, the awesomeness of which necessitates a separate post.
Then it was back to our house for a barbeque and an official introduction between baby Isaac and Uncle Chuck!


Sunday was the main event - Isaac's blessing at church.  Quinn did a wonderful job and there was such a sweet spirit in the meeting.
Some quick shots after church at the brunch at Eden's mom's house: Quinn and Eden and their sweet little redhead, Aunt Summer with Isaac, and Grandma Pam and Great-Uncle Larry.  Fun fact: Isaac wore the same blessing outfit that my three boys all wore, which was originally purchased by Uncle Larry and Aunt Iris for baby Quinn to be blessed in back in the day.  Circle of life, my friends.  (Well, not really, but you know what I mean.)

My boys were happy to shed their white collared shirts and ties and roll up their pants for some trampoline fun, only stopping to refuel with chocolate muffins :).

We're so glad that we were able to attend Isaac's blessing and spend time with my family over this weekend, we sure love you all! 

6 comments:

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

I love the pictures of all three babies together- and how different they all look! Isaac is sure a cutie! Love the red hair! Also- Eden looks pretty amazing, especially considering he's only like 2 months old!

Just Jaime said...

Oh my gosh the happy gay couple caption made me LAUGH!

Tami P said...

Jana, you are so adorable! Your candid shots look just fine, and I love the captions for all the pictures.

Maren said...

I get so happy when a new post from you comes up in Google Reader. :)
I think the babies like gay Sam better; sorry Quinn!
And Eden looks amazing. The totally unfair kind. ;)
I super like your celeb shot, too. I've seen so many like that. You just have to maybe photoshop in a sidewalk...

Unknown said...

Love your posts! Love those babies! Kinda hate Eden for looking like SHE adopted her baby.

Sam and Quin WOULD have made an exceptional gay couple. Just think how well versed those babies would grow up to be in dr Mario.

Holly Cameron said...

Wow...the second time was just as good as the first. Love it!