.

Friday, June 8, 2012

May Recap: School Edition


The school year is allll done, hooray!
 Feel free to hug a friend as a celebration! (Or your brother as an apology for hurting him.)


But we're getting a little ahead of ourselves. The first couple weeks of May, both boys went to Play School at the nearby high school.
 It's put together and taught by high school students in the child development classes and they do all sorts of fun activities and such and naturally both boys had a great time. Naturally I had a great time only having one child for a couple of mornings a week :). 


Will's preschool class had an end of the year field trip to a little bounce-house place and the kids all wore super cute tie-dye shirts, as half-heartedly modeled below.
He was mostly excited about the sun he had painted on his hand.


And then it was Will's last day of preschool!
Will was a good helper and signed all of the thank you cards for his teacher, teacher's aide, and bus drivers/attendants.

I think I mentioned this at the beginning of the year, but we love the bus staff on our route.  Katie (left) and Tammy (top right) are in the morning and they are SO incredibly sweet.  Will struggled in January with wanting to go to preschool (thanks to the the combination of the two-and-a-half week Christmas break and the separation from me while I was in the hospital after the c-section) and Katie and Tammy were always so reassuring and took over when he didn't want to get on the bus.  It made me feel SO much better.  Elizabeth (lower right) and George (not pictured) are on the bus home and take such great care of Will as well.

Back to Katie for a minute - she was so excited about my pregnancy and Jack's arrival.  She very patiently waited for a morning that wasn't too cold and that Jack was already awake so that he could come out and meet her.  On the last morning of school I made sure Jack came out with us and she sweetly asked if she could hold him while Will was getting buckled.  Jack was apparently a little hesitant at first, but I think he warmed up pretty well :).


Clyde didn't really have an 'official' last day of school, but here's how I found him doing one of his very last math lessons:
Hopefully it isn't too tough of an adjustment for Clyde next year when he doesn't have his blanket and little brother to snuggle with during math!

Here's my cute little scholar right after we finished his final language arts lesson and officially completed kindergarten. I was pretty excited that one of the last books we read was Tikki Tikki Tembo, especially since I discovered I could still recite the entire name!  It was so cute to hear Clyde and Will practicing it all evening.  Homeschooling this past year was definitely a challenge but was a good experience and the right choice nonetheless... but mostly thank goodness we're done!

To celebrate the end of the school year, we threw ourselves a party:
It's amazing how much joy some crepe paper streamers and cake can bring to two little boys :).

We decided to get ambitious and use food coloring to dye the cake to go along with our primary-colored bash.
Will proved to be an excellent helper in making the cake and both boys were equally participative in eating it.

So far our summer has consisted of sleeping in, video games, swimming lessons, and staying up past bedtime.  And a couple family 'field trips' (to the temple in Twin Falls and the zoo) that will hopefully make it onto the blog pretty soon.  YAY for summer!

2 comments:

Holly Cameron said...

Oh I know I say this every time, but I just love your boys! I'm so glad I got to see them a couple times this week! I love jack's face in the first picture with the bus driver. And again, you're such a good mom. I'm going to have to remember to throw end of the school year parties too. So fun!

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

i love the pics with thei little bacpacks on! how cute! and the cake looks so dang yummy!!!