.

Monday, June 4, 2012

May Recap: Party Edition


So May was a pretty busy month and I was a pretty lazy blogger, hence the need to separate the f-u-n into two posts.
Quite possibly most importantly, May marked the end of my first (hopefully last?) season as a soccer coach.  I think this picture shows pretty clearly the amount of control and influence I had over my four little 'stingers'. Granted, this was during warm-up and not during the game, but still :).

Here are some action shots from the last game of the season... which we lost horribly.  Like, as badly as we've ever lost (not that we keep score, but when you play the entire game on your half of the field it's pretty obvious).  It was our second game of the day so the kids were pretty done, but that's okay!

They did have enough energy to create goofy new moves.  Whenever it was our turn to kick the ball (which happened frequently since the other team scored like twenty goals), the outside two players would create a little 'train crossing' and then lift their arms right when the center player ran up for the kick.  I opted to roll my eyes and then laugh every time.

The final tunnel of the season!

And then it was time to hand out t-shirts and little medals. 

Here's the official team picture - Coach Jana (sooo legit, right?), Molly, Kaiden, Clyde, Bianca - aka the cutest little goofs around.  I was SO excited at our morning game that Saturday that Bianca scored... I think two goals? Three? Which meant that all the kids had at least one or two games that they did really well at; I figure consistency is something they can work at in the future :).

Chuck stayed home with the other two [grumpy, tired] boys for the last game, but Clyde was sooo excited that Holly and Ella came to watch him.  He seriously felt so special that they were there, especially after Sam and Terri and Bailey and Hazel had come to his earlier game that day!  And mucho gracias to Holly for taking all of the pictures posted above.  She's such a good helper. 


May also brought a Hunter-side-cousin reunion for Andrea's wedding!
It was so fun to be reunited and catch up with cousins that I hadn't seen forever - like Dave and Kym (five years ago) and Bryn and Nick (two years... and five, respectively).  Sam and Terri came up for the weekend, which made it extra fun!

I'm a slacker and didn't get a good picture of the couple, but here's Andrea getting love from all her nieces and nephews (Toby is the sharp-looking guy in the light suit on the left).

Here are some shots from the reception; everything was so beautiful.

There was a playground right outside the clubhouse which ended up being where most of the kids (and some adults) spent the reception.

Sunday morning we convened at Grandma Pam's house for a little bit more fun before planes took off.  Nick was a genius and busted out some leftover bubbles from the night before.

That evening my dad came over and Chuck grilled us all some delicious hamburgers.
We had a really fun night in the backyard playing on the slide and swingset, playing catch with the new football my dad brought over, and enjoying ice cream cones for dessert.  Oh, and Chuck very patiently taught me all about the solar eclipse (we used the pinhole method...) and didn't get too frustrated when I refused to take it seriously :).

We felt kind of spoiled having Sam and Terri visit when they were just here in February - luckily the weather was much better this time; the cousins had lots of fun riding around on trikes and bikes in the front yard together!

Couple more cousin (and aunt/niece!) bonding shots. We missed Isaac though; I can't wait for the three little babies to be together all at once!


Clyde joined Will for some swimming lessons in May, where we established the both boys are much more comfortable in the water than I am.
Seriously, they just bob under the water like it's no big deal. I still have to plug my nose whenever I put my head all the way in and I straight up refuse to open my eyes. It would appear (blessedly) that they inherited Chuck's swimming genes and not mine, yay!


Finally, for Memorial Day we got together with some friends for a good ol' fashioned backyard BBQ.
It was really fun to spend time with some friends that we haven't had the chance to hang out with lately.

Jack kicked back in his carseat for a while, content to watch all the kids be crazy and let Chuck and me eat.  Such a good baby.

I received a highly sought after invite to sit at one of the kids' tables, so naturally I took it.

The party did tire the wee one out a bit; luckily Daddy was there to snuggle up with!

5 comments:

Holly Cameron said...

Ok. I love, like really love your blog posts. They are sooo you! I'm glad I knew about all this stuff, next month probably won't be the same, which is sad. We live so far away now, but not really. Your kids are so stinking cute! And p.s. I like your outfit at that reception! The flats look super cute...

jayna said...

That last picture is so so great. loved it!

Jamie said...

You're such a dandy at taking photos of your activities!! Glad to see you're enjoying the summer and the new addition isn't driving you to hide in closets. North Idaho loves you!

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

how does your baby still have so much beautiful hair!!? Layla's has already worn off in the crib! i'm jealous!! incredibly cute kids! looks like you had a fun, fun month!

Andrea said...

I guess this is what happens when I don't keep up on my blogs: I get surprise pics from my wedding I never knew about! Yay! Way to reinforce a bad habit of mine, Jana! Haha... had it really been 5 years since you'd seen Kym and David?? Yowza!