.

Friday, May 11, 2012

All About April


So, it appears this will be a monthly feature on the blog - a recap of the previous month via pictures that I took and procrastinated blogging until we're well into the next month.  So here's April!

April kicked off with General Conference.  Chuck had to work so we stayed home instead of attending the Smith/Braden/Izatt/Hugo General Conference Weekend Extravaganza.
I settled for demanding cell phone pictures from Heidi (who failed to send one of herself) of everyone gathered around in the living room. Honestly, the pictures probably made me even sadder not to be there.  But Conference itself was excellent and naturally my favorite talks were President Uchtdorf's and Elder Holland's.


As previously referenced, Chuck's parents came for a visit at the beginning of April.
While the guys worked, Terri and I ran errands and shopped and tried to stay out of the way :).  The boys were very excited to go for a walk and check out all of the nesting ducks with Grandma.
Last chance for snuggling before they hit the road!


Random pictures of the boys before Will went to preschool one morning:
I love the adoring gazes Will always has for Clyde :).


Here we have quite possibly the most poorly attended Elder's Quorum activity in 2nd Ward history:
But we had a good time! We heard conflicting reports afterwards that the activity may have actually been canceled, but the important thing is that the little boys got to have a sleepover at Grandma Pam's and I learned how to play Sequence.


Easter was in April!
The boys got hooked up with new Jesus movies, puzzles, and a Dora DVD (Will) and a little Book of Mormon (Clyde). Then we got all dolled up for church and dinner at Grandma Pam's.
Oh, and an Easter Egg Hunt.


Random shots of the boys being airplanes.
So glad my toenails were painted.


In April it became apparent that my old running shoes were ready to be retired, so I went in search of a new pair.  Holly accompanied me and dutifully tried on each shoe to help me decide (and then magically produced an awesome coupon to save me fifteen bucks. Love Holly).
I ended up going all fancy and getting these Asics...es.  I'm pretty sure I've never taken such good care of shoes in my life; I faithfully unlace and lace them instead of just sliding my feet in and out and they live inside their shoebox, far away from the front entry way where the common shoes reside.  I'm pretty psyched to sport them tomorrow in the Race for the Cure 5k!


I'm kind of obsessed with how cute my kids look on Sundays.
Ever since Jack's blessing day, Will has happily worn a tie each week to church.
I figure the tie classes up his cargo shorts and Crocs :).  And isn't Clyde adorable in that pink shirt?  He was hesitant at first to wear it, but I offered him a dollar and on it went!  (Confession: I've yet to pay up).


That particular Sunday evening, the little boys and I were outside waiting for Chuck to get home from work and we caught two different families passing by on family walks.
So naturally we enticed them to stop and play for a bit with light sabers and plastic balls.


The boys and I found ourselves in Boise one afternoon so I called my grandpa and asked if we could stop by.
We had such a fun visit; Grandpa Pat is the sweetest!
And my cute cousin Lindsey was there picking up Grandpa's shopping list so she got to cuddle baby Jack for a bit!
Here are my boys with their Great-Grandpa Braden.  They thought it was so fun to talk to 'Grandpa's daddy'.


And finally, here's another sweet big brother moment, Clyde helping Will ride the big bike:
Of course, I'm pretty sure it's because I told him to and said that as soon as Will got back to the driveway it was Clyde's turn again, so his motives may not have been completely selfless... but whatever, it's a cute picture!

4 comments:

jayna said...

Brother helping brother...adorable!

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

Love that last picture of the boys- so darling! What sweet brothers!

Emily said...

Good luck on the race tomorrow! Cute shoes too!

Unknown said...

HOW do you conjure up energy to go running???? Seriously are you on crack and also can I have some? Thanks you.