.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Weekends with Grandma Pam


Our family been pretty spoiled the last few years to have Grandma Pam readily accessible for all of our baby-sitting and bonding time needs, so having her teach in Hansen this year (and thus be unavailable during the week) has been quite an adjustment.  Luckily she's home on the weekends and doesn't seem to mind spending a great deal of that time with US!

                          
 Here are some of the adventures the boys have had at Grandma Pam's house - lots of reading books and playing with toys and some long walks and playing games.

 Baby Jack is especially happy when Grandma is around to hold him and snuggle him and make him laugh!

Once every couple of weeks or so, the boys talk their way into having a sleepover at Grandma's house, which includes such benefits as pancake breakfasts, access to the complete library of Sandra Boynton books, roughhousing with the missionaries, and snuggling up together in one bed!  (Thanks for always obliging me with picture text messages of my babies Mama!!)


Grandma Pam proves invaluable to me every other weekend when Chuck is at work - she comes over on Saturday to help wrangle the little ones while I coach Clyde's soccer team (more on that hilarity in a future post) and then comes back the next day to attend church with me so that I don't have a nervous breakdown trying to survive sacrament meeting alone with the three boys.  I really appreciate this act of service.


So, since she's so nice and helpful and generous with her time and love, I guess I won't complain too much that Jack bestowed some of his first genuine giggling on Grandma Pam.  We love you lots, Mama!  See you in a few days!!


3 comments:

Holly Cameron said...

I was going to say, I'd help with the boys during sacrament if you ever need it...but then they have to go home after Sunday School with us! Hahhahahaha. Seriously. Ella hates church. And we are giving in. We're horrible parents already!

Emily said...

I'm SO glad you have your Mama close by, you are one lucky girl. Yesterday in primary was so cute too. I love those moments that melt your heart a little. When you were up there, I kept thinking: Where is my camera? I have to get a picture! But then I remembered, Oh, yeah, you're at church and most people don't bring their cameras with them EVERY where and take pictures to blog about everything!

You looked super cute too by the way. You headband thingy was adorable, I meant to tell you that, but there's something about chuch that makes me lose all my brain cells!

jayna said...

Are you trying to give my uterus a break down with that perfection of giggling Jack?????? It worked!

Your Mom is awesome!!