.

Friday, April 6, 2012

A very blessed Jack

Baby Jack was blessed at the end of March, yay!Quick picture after sacrament meeting. Things to note: I had black socks and shoes laid out for Clyde to wear, I promise, but in the rush to get out the door he apparently ended up sporting bright blue crocs. At least they matched. Also, we had a very tricky time getting Will into the van and on board with the notion of going to church. We thought we were home free but as we pulled into the parking lot he randomly announced, "I need a tie!" Luckily Clyde's yellow tie from two Sundays ago was still in the car so we stuck it on his polo shirt and he marched in, happy as a clam.


Here is the sweet baby in his blessing outfit, the same romper that Clyde, Will, and Uncle Quinn wore for each of their baby blessings and the crocheted blanket that my mom made for Clyde when he was blessed that each of the subsequent boys has used as well. Chuck gave Jack a really beautiful blessing and I'm so grateful to Eden and Emily for taking some notes of it so that I can remember what was said, since I was a (very elegant, I'm sure) mess of tears throughout.

Just for Jayna, a close up of Jack's socks :).

The whole weekend was very fun and family filled, starting with...Aunt Eden and Uncle Quinn coming to town, hooray! They hadn't seen Jack since the day he was born and it was a very happy reunion.

Grandpa Braden came over that evening as well and we enjoyed some delicious pizza and a fashion show as I modeled some shirts my dad brought over for me - including a Hawaiian one so that we could match :).

And this is probably one of my favorite pictures of all time - Quinn and Eden juggling three nephews without breaking a sweat. They're champs.

Later that night Grandma and Grandpa Izatt arrived, so the next morning was spent playing.

I love how Will's pose mimics Chuck's so much.

That afternoon it was time to divide and conquer - Chuck and the two big boys met up with all of his extended family for a bowling adventure while Jack and I met up with my mom for Eden's baby shower.
I thus have no pictures from bowling (although it was reported that a great time was had by all) but here are a couple of Jack at the shower. He was a doll as he was passed around - here with Summer (Eden's little sister), Stephanie (my cousin-in-law), Amanda (my cousin), and Kylie (Eden's niece). The baby shower was really fun and (if possible) it made me even more excited for Quinn and Eden's baby to come!

That evening we went out to dinner with Chuck's family and my mom, and that night Amanda and Steve and baby Anna arrived.
Anna is five months older than Jack and the closest cousin on the Izatt side. Also, I believe in keeping babies as undressed as possible the mornings of their blessings so there's less opportunity for them to spit up on their clothes.

Here are some more pictures of our family (thanks to Quinn for being our photographer). I'd like to point out how little Chuck and I change from shot to shot.

After church it was time for some lunch - and thankfully the weather was b-e-a-utiful so we could utilize the backyard and our newly acquired picnic tables. We had a great time eating and catching up with everyone there: Grandma and Grandpa Izatt, Melissa, Kevin, Mallory, Courtney, George, and Lily, Lee, Aleesha, Bri, and Eli, Amanda, Steve and Anna, Stephanie, Nathan, Kara, and Rachel, Amanda and Cecily, Leslie, Matt, Keyan, and Jazlyn, and Quinn and Eden.

More of the shindig attendants; I apologize for Quinn's face.

Izatt men!

Pretty sure Clyde was in heaven as he played Star Wars with cousin George and second cousins Kara, Rachel, and Cecily.

We commemorated the whole Izatt family being in attendance with a couple quick pictures.

Unfortunately we all congregated right during Anna's naptime and common sense dictates that you let sleeping babies lie, so we excused her from the picture. Hopefully we'll have a chance this summer to get a shot of all twenty of us!

Jack slept through a lot of the afternoon - here he is snuggling with Daddy and Grandma.

Quinn was a rockstar representative of my immediate family. My dad was at the blessing, of course, but neither of my other brothers were able to be there (Sam and his family were in California, where baby Hazel was blessed the day before!) and my mom was taken very ill that morning so she was unable to come as well. It meant SO much to me that Quinn and Eden were there.

To thank Eden for coming, we found her [35 1/2 weeks pregnant self] the best seat in the house. She's such a good sport.

We are very grateful that Jack is already so loved and supported by extended family and friends - both those who were able to attend his blessing and those who were not. We love knowing that everyone else is as smitten with him as we are!!

3 comments:

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

I so wish we could have been there for this special day! I love the blessing outfit!

Emily and Owen Johnston said...

What a wonderful weekend! I love your blog updates...so could you make more of them?! jk :) I know you aren't busy with three little boys and a husband or anything ;) Love you, Jana!

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

what a fun, special weekend!! i love his outfit. so cute!!

p.s. what are his stats? he looks SUUUUUPER tall for his age!