.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

'Twas March, once...


Once upon a time it was March and we had lots of adventures that were photographed and never blogged... until now. (Those two words should have been read aloud in your head in kind of a movie trailer voice.  Go ahead, try again.  I'll wait.)

*  The first weekend in March, the little boys and I spent Saturday afternoon with Grandma Pam in Boise.  It was pretty nice out so we went for a loooong walk.
Grandma Pam and Clyde held steady at a nice, even pace so their walk was not quite as looong as . . .
 THIS little boy's walk (and by extension, Jack's and my walk).   
But finally we reached our destination and descended (unannounced!) upon the DeLange home so that Jack could be introduced to Janna, who is one of my favorite people in the world, and not just because we have the same name :).  Janna was my 'second mom' for most of my growing up years and I have such great memories associated with their family - especially birthday outings every year with Chris and our moms.  And of course, the little boys loved jumping on the trampoline while the rest of us chatted inside! 


* A couple of weeks later in the month, we celebrated St. Patrick's Day by sporting our 'lucky' shirts
 
and consuming loads of green food coloring by way of milk and pancakes.


*  I was recruited to help our ward celebrate the 170th anniversary of the organization of the Relief Society in a re-creation of the first meeting.
 I played the small (but vital) role of Desdemona Fulmer, one of the twenty founding members. Nicole was Emma Smith and Holly was Sophia . . . something.  We had a really fun time... probably too fun of a time :).


 * I started running again!  Well, technically I started in February with Nicole but we didn't hit our stride (pun absolutely intended) until March when we added a couple other gals from our ward, Tami and Holly, into the mix - and since then Kirsten has joined us too!  Now we run four nights a week, covering about three miles each night.  We started out doing about half and half running and walking, but we've been increasing the running pretty well.
 This particular night I thought we all looked cute so I made us stop two miles in when we passed my house so Chuck could take a picture of us :).

* Baby Jack got a haircut!!  I had given Chuck my blessing, but he still [wisely] waited until I was off at a meeting to bust out the clippers.
Luckily Jack is still as darling as ever and apparently was completely unfazed by the haircut.


* I was remarkably unfazed later that day when I walked into Jack's room and met this sight:
Such attentive big brothers!
So of course I gave in and lifted Will in as well.  That 'multi-brother' hug is now a favorite; Clyde is an expert at balancing his weight (and Will's!) on either side of Jack.


* And finally, we took advantage of a beautiful afternoon at the end of March and went for a walk along the path.
Cute boys.
Cute baby.
This melted me - the end of the path goes uphill where it meets the road and is usually where we turn around.  Clyde was determined that Will make it all the way up the incline.
And Will was happy to sit back and let his brother do the heavy pushing :).

Aaaand that wraps up our March!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Cute new pictures! So proud of you guys too for running 4 nights a week! That's super impresive! You are lucky to have friends who live near by- all of mine have moved away!

jayna said...

That last picture melted ME!! Brothers are adorable.

Tami P said...

All of the pics are cute, but that last story just melted my heart! How cute!