.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Last minute cyber nesting


So I'm having a baby tomorrow morning - hence the recent rash of blogging (scroll down to read posts about Christmas Eve, Christmas morning and Christmas day). I feel the need to ensure the blog is all caught up and ready to feature this sweet baby's debut; in that spirit, here's a final post about my pregnancy.


My mom took this picture a couple of hours ago before taking the little boys home with her for a sleepover - our last picture as a family of four! Chuck and I have to be at the hospital by 6 am and the c-section is scheduled for 7:30. This baby faked us out pretty good - no one thought we'd make it all the way to the scheduled c-section date since I've been dilated (to a 3!) and effaced (80-90%) for a couple of weeks now. But I guess he's just good and comfortable in there. I'll be 39 1/2 weeks tomorrow, though, so I don't feel bad at all about evicting the wee lad.

Chuck's sister Melissa took some awesome maternity shots of me while we were in Elko in November (when I was 33 weeks along). Here are a few of my favorites:

Pretty sure this is the last time I wore heels :).

Why I could never be a model: I felt sooo self-conscious having a fancy photo shoot just focused on me! Melissa made me feel super comfortable, of course, but I still felt the need to resort to goofy facial expressions :).

I was pretty psyched that I could see my toes if I leaned over far enough . . .

Facebook comments indicated that this is 'classic Jana', which I'm opting to take as a compliment :).

Thanks again for these pictures Melissa!

And here are the last couple of sets of my Sunday outfits/weekly baby bump shots:
Weeks 34 - 36 in November and December.

Weeks 37 - 39 in December and January. I love the difference between December 18th and Christmas Day; apparently I ate all the cookies left out for Santa in the greater Treasure Valley area :).

Whew! Now that this post is ready to publish, I'm off to bed and then to have a baby in the morning. Good night!!

4 comments:

Emily and Owen Johnston said...

I LOVE YOU! Good luck and can't wait to see that baby!!! I miss you :)

Kiley said...

Good luck with everything Jana!!! You'll do great.

jayna said...

Can't wait! Good luck Mama!!!

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

you're having a baby TOMORROW!!!? i am SO super excited for you! Can't wait to see pics! GOOD LUCK :)