.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Jack's first visitors


Jack is so blessed to have so many people that love him and have been excited to meet him already. Here's a recap of his first round of visitors (to be followed by another post of even more visitors . . . at some point):

Naturally Grandma Pam was one of the first to meet baby Jack, because A) she brought Clyde and Will to meet him and B) hospital security probably couldn't have kept her away. My mom is one of those wonderful people who loves their kids but LOVES their grandkids. I'm pretty sure Sam and Quinn and I don't have to ever get her Christmas/birthday/Arbor Day gifts ever again since we took it upon ourselves to (within a period of five months) double the number of grandchildren she can be obsessed with.

Speaking of Grandma Pam, Chuck and I are so, so appreciative of her bravery in taking care of Clyde and Will that whole week - she had them from Monday afternoon until we picked them up on Friday evening on our way home from the hospital. I can't even handle my kids by myself for that length of time! And other than the day she put them in the wrong jeans (an honest mistake, the boys are only like two inches apart in height) she kept Clyde and Will clothed and fed and safe and happy and brought them to the hospital every day to see us. THANKS MAMA!!

Quinn and Eden were also able to see baby Jack for a couple of hours that morning before they had to drive back to Provo. This meant so much to me, especially since we chose Jack's middle name in honor of Quinn (Quinton, Quinn, same difference - I wanted two syllables). I am so, so grateful for my close relationship with Quinn. I think Heavenly Father knew He couldn't give me a sister so I got Quinn instead - and I mean that (mostly) in the best way possible :). Quinn has always been one of my best friends and I love that I can talk to him about absolutely anything. He is such a good person and I'm excited for Jack to be able to look up to him as he grows up. And seeing Quinn and Eden hold Jack made me even more excited for them to welcome their own sweet baby boy later this spring!

We were able to take advantage of the Internet connection at the hospital and have a video chat with Cody. Sadly the audio was pretty sketchy (we resorted to Cody writing on a piece of paper and holding it up!) but I was really glad he could see his newest nephew. Love you Coders!

My dad made a couple of visits to see us at the hospital and meet his newest grandson. It was really fun to sit and talk while we all adored the baby. And of course, Grandpa came with gifts! He brought a musical water globe and hat for baby Jack and a beautiful bouquet of flowers for me - along with a bag of Lindt Chocolate Truffles, which were soooo good. I treated myself to one every time the nurses brought Jack in to nurse at night; it's amazing how much easier it is to wake up at 3am when you know there's a sweet baby AND chocolate waiting for you! Thanks again Dad!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my gosh! Sam looks JUST LIKE his dad! There was something about the look on his face that is SO familiar....because its sams face! how fun!

I wish I would have come to squeeze lil jack at the hospital to admire his adorableness in person. But there is something not very relaxing about my presence "when the circus comes to town"if you will...and so we did not force ourselves upon you! But I look forward to the day when perhaps our lives will coincide accidentally and I can get in a good squeeze!!!

And I am SO impressed that you have blogged so much. AND taken pictures! You must be doing awesome!

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

he is so cute and how nice that he has SOOO many people to love on him!!! ...and lots of support for you! :) yay for new babies!!

Sam said...

If you let quinn near your children with facial hair like that ever again, I will call CPS.

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

That top picture of your mom with Jack is beautiful! I love it!