.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween Wrap-Up


Time for a recap of our Halloween festivities. Sadly, the Izatts did not hit all of the semi-required October activities - there was no pumpkin patch visit this year, and our construction paper decor was pretty lacking. . .


BUT we did find a little bit of Halloween cheer, starting with making sugar cookies with the two cutest little bakers in town. Will wandered away after cookie cutter-ing a couple of pumpkins, but Clyde was in it for the long haul - he loved rolling out the dough and turned out to be very adept (if slightly too generous) at sprinkling the flour onto the counter. The boys were equally committed when it came to eating the cookies, however :).

Another day we stripped the boys down for some pumpkin painting (which I still maintain is less messy and hassle than carving, although Maren disagrees). Chuck favored us with the Star Wars battle scene, I went for simple and just painted 'Go BSU' and Clyde and Will both opted for multi-color masterpieces (Clyde middle left, Will lower left).

And of course we dressed up for our ward's trunk-or-treat:
I was an oven baking a bun, Clyde was Commander Cody from Star Wars: the Clone Wars, Will was Anakin Skywalker from Star Wars: the Clone Wars, and Chuck was my Pastry Chef :).

Here's another shot of my apron. I stole the idea from an actual costume set you can buy - although it's a big box for the oven, and the dad's apron says 'Bun Maker'. I opted to just wear an apron for the oven and after Chuck and I created a list of possibilities for his label (some more risque than others) we decided on the fairly family-friendly 'Pastry Chef'.

And I was completely delighted when I won an award! I love the Primary Presidency, aka Awards Committee :).

And I have to include a picture of the Daniels family since they also won an award! Duke was a referee, Nicole was Coach Pete, Brinley was a little BSU cheerleader, and Beckam was the cutest, chunkiest little football player around.

This was my baby bump shot for Sunday the 30th. I bought those awesome tights at Target last year on clearance and I love them, despite their limited window of wearability each year. If only we were ISU fans . . .

Monday night we took the boys out for a quick round of trick-or-treating. It was actually their maiden voyage into the activity; they've never done the whole door-to-door around the neighborhood thing.

Luckily they caught on quickly. Will gleefully shouted at one point, "Let's play trick-or-treat!!" (And eagle-eyed Star Wars fans will note that the boys changed costumes, Clyde is now a clone trooper and Will is a youngling, aka Jedi in training).

Chuck and Will loved the decor at this house; Clyde was terrified. We had to coax him to the doorstep, and after getting his candy, he took off across the lawn yelling "Run! Everybody run for it!" That's kind of like saying 'Thank you', right? Chuck and I chatted with the guy for a minute, and it turns out it took him like two years to make the werewolf. Clyde can attend to its realism!

After about ten houses, we called it a night and came home to pass out candy. Yes, we're lightweights.

Will making sure there aren't any lingering treats in his pumpkin. . . .

Clyde examining his sorted candy, trying to pick which one to eat that night. Decisions, decisions!

Uncle Cody and Grandpa came over that night for a visit, which was very fun.

I decided they were the best trick-or-treaters of the night since my dad came bearing gifts instead of asking for candy. Thanks Dad!!

We celebrated the transition to November by putting up our third annual Izatt Family Thanksgiving Tree on Tuesday:
We're looking forward to focusing on all of the things we're grateful for this month and seeing our bare little tree be overtaken with pretty leaves to join the solitary 'Blue's Clues' leaf that Will put up :). Happy November!

3 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

i absolutely adore your halloween costume! seriously it is the cutest one i have seen in a long, long time (for an adult!). i wish i would've thot of that! LOVE it.

and i also LOVE your thanksgiving tree idea!! i am totally going to steal that for when our kids are a bit older! you are such a creative momma!!

Sam said...

I think I would like to be a blue leaf this year! I am going to be a leaf, aren't I?

Emily and Owen Johnston said...

Looks like you guys had a great halloween! Cute costumes :) I love the Thanksgiving tree idea as well!