.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Rock the (baby gender) vote

Sooo remember how I'm pregnant? Well I am, and in a crazy turn of events I am already nineteen weeks! The second trimester is just trucking along, which is unfair since it is the best trimester and should therefore linger rather than whiz by. Anyhow, I'm seriously showing which I'm totally down with because I hate the awkward "chubby or pregnant??" phase; I want it to be clear that I'm both :).

The big news is that my ultrasound is scheduled for Wednesday morning and we will absolutely be finding out this baby's gender (yes, I also support opening Christmas presents early). If the baby opts to mess with my head and cross its little fetus legs, I will poke/prod/do jumping jacks until it adjusts itself. Let's all hope it doesn't come to that. Now, here's where you come in - I figured we'd do this right and create a little poll! So please take the time to vote on the sidebar.

For those of you who prefer to do some research before you cast your ballot, here's some possibly relevant information (although I personally do not subscribe to any old wives' tales):

* So far, we have two sons.

* My first trimester of this pregnancy was completely different than either of my previous first trimesters. With the boys, I threw up. A lot. This time, I felt miserable and nauseous and wanted to throw up but I only did like twice.

* I feel like the baby is pretty low right now. And maybe a little on the sides :).

* Heart rate so far: 174 and 156.

* Chinese Lunar Calendar says girl.

* Food cravings/aversions: I mostly dislike chicken. I'm actually okay eating it, but thinking about it in advance is dreadful. Tortillas sound awful, which is sad since I used to live on cheese quesedillas. Definitely haven't had one of those in three months. I ate french fries dipped in ranch three times a week for a while, and I usually eat french fries about three times a year. I love hamburgers/cheeseburgers/steak. I love grapes, not super crazy about apples. I preferred sherbet for a while, now I'm back to ice cream.

* I am the third child in my family and the first girl after two boys. Chuck is the second child and first boy . . . which clearly has no relevance, I just figured I'd share.

* Right now there are nine grandchildren on the Izatt side, five girls and four boys. There are three grandchildren on the Braden side, one girl and two boys.

* I have absolutely no special mother's intuition. If I had to guess, I'd say girl . . . which pretty seriously terrifies me.

I think that's it. So vote in the poll, feel free to comment and share the reasoning behind your guess and we'll all find out on Wednesday, hooray!

13 comments:

JPI said...

girl

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

you're totally having a girl!!!! ... i think :) can't wait to hear!

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

I voted girl- although I have no faith in the Chinese calendar. Just ever since you told me you were pregnant I've thought it was a girl! Which would be so fun! Can't wait to hear though! I'll be excited for you either way!

Unknown said...

I just hope its a girl so we can throw you the biggest girliest baby shower EVER. hmmm, I may have just invited myself....
Either way you have the worlds cutest babies, so boy or girl - it will have a LOT more gorgeous hair than mine :)

Unknown said...

by the way my friend, sorry to inform you that you dont really look pregnant still. For #3 your abs are doing INSANELY well holding it in this long!

Nancy said...

I hope it's a girl. My little sweetie is the only thing that keeps me sane. I'd love to give you a bunch of baby girl clothes if you'd like them if that's what IT happens to be. I'm done.

jayna said...

I'm going to rage against the machine here and say.... boy? Only because in my experience, that's what happens...three in a row...:)

I echo Chris- either way your baby will be gorgeous! That hair is the envy of the Crandall babies. Especially since yours are BOYS with eyelashes to match!

McKay & Lynndi said...

Its definitely a girl. No doubt about it.

Pamela Hunter-Braden said...

I was also the third child and first girl which would be three generations in a row if you have a girl. Because of my fondness for generational patterns, I'm voting girl, but I would be absolutely thrilled with a little boy. You produce such marvelous little boys.

Missy08 said...

I'm saying girl cause that's what i thought ever since u said u were pregnant.

Emily and Owen Johnston said...

Evie's doctor guessed she was a girl because of higher heart rate...and he guessed Ruby, Lilly and Felicity the same! Sounds like a girl to me, guess we will have to wait til Wed! It was so fun seeing you a couple weeks ago!

tvcadurfee said...

a girl since your tummy is still tiny.

Gloria said...

I'm voting for girl, though you do have very cute boys and a boy would also be better at playing Star Wars and Hide and Come Seek Me with Clyde. Also, I wish you had told me about your food dislikes before I served you vegetable enchiladas with chicken.