.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

It's . . . a . . .

BOY!

We obviously should have had a buy-in for the poll, because I'm pretty sure the three 'boy' votes were Quinn, Jayna, and myself :).

Here I am getting ready to head in for the ultrasound. And since I know some of you are now completely distracted by my awesome shoes, here's a closer look:

Aren't they beautiful? I'm kind of obsessed with them. I found them during an impromptu shopping trip to Shoe Carnival a couple of weeks ago after lunch with Emily and Aubrey. The final price (thanks to $5 off clearance and buy one get one 50% off - Emily and I combined our purchases) was eight bucks. Have I mentioned I love them??

Anyways, back to the ultrasound. It was so fun! Our technician, Amy, was really sweet and friendly and explained everything we were looking at. The baby measured perfectly with the due date and looked wonderfully healthy, and it is definitely a little boy in there! I'm not going to lie; I was pretty dang relieved. I know boys. I have everything to dress boys. I love boys.

Sweet little profile picture.

Afterwards we went to retrieve the little boys from the care of Grandma Pam and Unky Cody, who was very intrigued by the ultrasound pictures. Then we came home, where I promptly left all the boys so I could go enjoy myself at a super fun lunch that Nicole and Paulina put together to celebrate the ultrasound! Of course, Nicole was almost as disbelieving as Lynndi; they both were SO sure I was having a girl :).

And here are two people who will be parents of THREE in a few months . . . yiiiikes. Funny how seeing the baby on the ultrasound really makes it hit home, ya know? All of a sudden yesterday I wanted to move the crib and start setting up the nursery - luckily that bout of nesting/ambition passed quickly, although I do have a pretty awesome plan for the room. Aaaand Chuck and I settled on a name, which for the time being we are not disclosing publicly. But we are really, really excited to have another sweet boy to love and teach and be entertained by and attempt to protect from his own clumsiness :).

8 comments:

Meghan & Chase said...

Yay congratulations you look so good!

Emily said...

Oh, Jana,

I'm so happy for you guys!!! One day the hot pink & polka dots will come, right?
Yeah, for super cute boys!!!

Connie and Brandon said...

Hey CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is super exciting!

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

So happy about this little boy! Chase is too, I think.

Emily and Owen Johnston said...

First off - I know how terrified you were of having a girl, so congrats on calmed nerves :) Even, though you would have no problem with a girl, I'm excited for another boy!! Yay! Also, you look super cute in your outfit - love hte pink tank top :) AND those shoes!!! They look so cute on you and I'm glad we got such a good deal, it was meant to be! Owen just barely noticed my shoes the other day. They were hanging on the back of the door and he comes downstairs and says "hey, when did you get those stripey shoes?"....and yes they are actually plaid, not stripes :)

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

i am SO happy for you!!! boys are the best! although, i hope this isn't your last b/c i really REALLY want to see a little girl in your cute family :)

CONGRATS!

jayna said...

I knew it! When you make such cute of one kind, they seem to just keep coming...I should know... :)

Congratulations!! Cannot wait to see another dark-haired, gorgeous-eye-lashed installment!

Izzy said...

Looking super cute you are!

Bless you and your baby bump!