.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

We've been married for SEVEN years, yikes!


Well, technically seven years, one month, and four days (this post is a little late, shockingly).


Our anniversary was pretty low-key this year, thanks to morning sickness, work, and Quinn and Eden's wedding three days later. We honestly didn't even go on an official 'anniversary date' - sad, right?

Thus there is no official anniversary picture of the two of us, but here we are a week later! The seven year mark kind of freaked me out a little because in the Marriage Prep class I took at BYU back in the day, we had an assignment to write a paper about successful marriages and we had to interview couples that had been married for at least seven years. So now I feel like this is some benchmark and Chuck and I should have everything figured out by now . . . and there's a chance we don't :). I will repeat what I shared on facebook about Chuck's mottos for marriage - "Happy wife, happy life" and "There's no way out, so we better work it out." Those have served us well!

We did find an excellent way to commemorate the occasion - buying a new camera, hooray! Although technically it's our gift for Mother's Day, Father's Day, our anniversary, Fourth of July, Pioneer Day, and possibly a couple other holidays :).

Our anniversary fell on a Sunday so I opted to wear all white. Can you tell I'm running out of creativity with my 'different outfit for church every week' goal?

That evening I cowgirl'd up and actually made dinner for possibly the second or third time since finding out I was pregnant, and we had a really nice evening after Chuck got home from work. Aaaand I made him an awesome video of pictures of us from the last seven years! Fair warning that it's verrrry cheesy, but it also has some hilariously goober-y pictures of us mixed in too so if you have three minutes to spare, enjoy!




5 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

we are coming up right behind you!!! we'll have our 7 in august! it is crazy how fast it goes... huh
?!?? i LOVED your video! SO cute!!!

Emily and Owen Johnston said...

I LOVED the video!!! Almost made me tear up :) I remember when you first met him at Kmart...little did we know you guys would be together forever! Love you guys! Hope you are feeling better :)

Nancy said...

Great video. You guys are adorable.

Pamela Hunter-Braden said...

Dang--the video actually made me cry! You two are wonderful together--an official, belated congratulations on your 7th! Love you both.

Leslie said...

Okay so maybe I'm a little behind on reading blogs... Seven years ago I never would have guessed I'd see a love message for you spelled out in shotgun shells! ;) Congrats you two lovebirds!