.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Weaksauce promise fulfillment


So I clearly haven't felt very witty of late, hence the lack of blogging. But I promised Courtney that I would post something today and I've only got a half-hour left to keep my word, yikes. (Also, Court, I forgot to specify that I meant my time zone, not yours!)


Luckily, there are many fun and exciting things that I have every intention of posting about . . . soon! For instance, tomorrow night is the Cub Scout Pinewood Derby, and I am absolutely making my own car to race, so that event will obviously be over-photographed and recorded for posterity on the ol' blog. (If anyone needs me tomorrow afternoon, I will be frantically painting said car).

In the meantime, however, let me share that I do not enjoy watching movies/TV in 3-D. Totally gives me a headache, and I don't feel like the viewing experience is really all that enhanced. Chuck, on the other hand, thinks 3-D is super neat and he's sure that in time, I will agree. To this end, every time we go to Costco he insists that I put on the silly glasses and check out the display TV just in case it's a lack of exposure that's holding me back. It's not.

Buuut on a trip last week, I realized I might at some point be persuaded to bring a ridiculous 3-D television into our home:

Ohhh, the hilarity of this picture. It brings me such joy, and who wouldn't want such joy replicated with each TV viewing experience?? (I would definitely insist all 3-D glasses in our home be attached to the couch or something because I feel like 30% of the endearing dorkiness my boys are exuding is coming from the coiled chain things).

Of course, after about four seconds, both boys did this:
meaning they've inherited their mom's lack of appreciation for the 3-D movement and we have no need for such a television after all :). Sorry babe!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

This post makes me hungry.
...because I can tell you're in a Costco. Mmmmm samples...

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

your boys are so cute with those 3D glasses on!!!

mama izatt said...

Love the glasses!!!

jayna said...

Hear, hear! Down with 3D! Pay more and enjoy less is all it gives me. Love those pictures!