.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Top o' the evenin' to you!


Remember how it's okay to blog about Christmas well into January? Well, it's also okay to recap St. Patrick's Day happenings a week after the fact! (Especially when the 'happenings' were nice and low-key).


We started our observance of St. Patrick's Day earlier in the week by wearing green to church on Sunday. As we got ready to head out the door, some of us were . . .

Happy!

And some of us were . . .
well, not.

And some of us were . . .
left to photograph ourselves in the bathroom.
(Incidentally, I've been doing this a lot lately... hmm, that sounds super awkward. Anyways, I've been keeping up with my 'goober goal' of wearing different outfits to church every week and I've done pretty well at photographing each outfit. Half the pictures are taken by Clyde, and the other half are self-portraits using the bathroom mirror. No worries, they will be made public at some point).


That evening, we were very lucky to have my dad come over for a visit. We get our Irish-ness from his side, so it was fitting!
Grandpa and Clyde

Grandpa and Will

On Thursday, we started the actual holiday off right with Lucky Charms.
Here's Will picking out the marshmallows :). My poor children are used to limited cereal choices of Cheerios or Life, so this departure was pretty exciting.

We all dressed in green, of course . . .

even Grandma Pam!

And I got to officially debut my super cool Lucky Charms shirt that I found at D.I. for a dollar.

Unfortunately, we had to sport all of our green attire at St. Luke's, where Clyde was getting an abdominal x-ray. We recently had an appointment with the pediatric surgeon for a check-up on Clyde's Hirschsprung's Disease, and they wanted a better look at Clyde's large intestine. Clyde was very brave, thanks in part to the new Star Wars book that Grandma Pam greeted him with!

That evening I had planned to decorate some cookies for our very nice neighbors. And then I got nervous about my powdered sugar frosting (I may have poured waaay too much milk in) so I switched to cupcakes. And then I got nervous about the fact that I was probably going to eat like half of them so I decided to take some to another neighbor too. And then I got nervous that St. Patrick's Day was going to slip away into the night before I had a chance to frost/decorate/arrange/deliver said cookies and cupcakes. . .

and then a super cute leprechaun knocked on my door:

Nicole, yay! She and Brinley came over for a visit, and I promptly put her in charge of frosting/decorating/arranging all of the treats. I put myself in charge of making a cute little card for each plate.

Then we quickly grabbed our wee ones away from the open Lucky Charms box in the pantry and stuck them in strollers, balanced six (seven?) plates of treats and went out on an hour-long walking tour of our neighborhood. Granted, it was a little chilly but we had lots of fun spreading a bit o' (whiskey-free) Irish joy!

3 comments:

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

Thanks for posting this! I definitely read it at 5 this morning after I fed Chase. Thank you for providing such update, funny, witty reading material for me. Love you! Can't wait to see you NEXT WEEK!

Andrea said...

I would like to help you by pointing out that just because you disclosed the self-portraits in the bathroom mirror will be made public does not make it sound less awkward.
But I still love you.
And your blog. :)

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

i love that you had lucky charms on st. pattys day! what a cute idea!!!