.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Sunday promenade


A couple of Sundays ago, we took advantage of the (relatively-speaking) beautiful weather and went for a family walk.
. . . er, run.

It was a very fun adventure: we heard airplanes and birds,

we threw rocks into the water,

and then threw some more rocks into the water,

did some synchronized running,

took time out for a hug,

found a stick,

knocked on random garages repeatedly,

had our walking privileges temporarily revoked,

and peacefully protested via a 'sit-out' when it was time to go back home.

Personally, my favorite part of the family walk was that it marked the last appearance of Chuck's latest beard. He shaved that night and I said good-bye to Mr. Edwards from Little House on the Prairie and hello to my cute husband, hooray!

11 comments:

jayna said...

Ha!! Mr. Edwards. Totally!

Loved the sit-out. Peaceful resistance.

Also love the skirt and boots- tres chic!

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

ahhh! the nice weather was fun - even tho it only lasted for a day or two... what's with the snow in march!!? :(

do you have that walking path in your very own neighborhood?!?? that's so NICE!

cute, cute boots!

Just Jaime said...

Haha I love the Little House reference. And I love Sunday walks.

McKay & Lynndi said...

Oh how I wish we were there with you guys. Brings back good memories.

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

Okay I meant to comment when I read this at 5 this morning when I was too stressed to sleep, but it was perfect that I read it then. It just reminded me of how much I love you and your little family and how excited I am to see you in a few weeks!

Judy said...

Great pics of everyone. I loved Little House and Mr. Edwards was the greatest.

c.galen said...

so, a beard denier, eh?

Pamela Hunter-Braden said...

What great pictures! The close up of you and Will is my favorite, but Clyde and his stick and the hug are close.

Pamela Hunter-Braden said...

No, wait, I just looked at them again. I really like the garage knocking (been there, done that), the sit-down strike, and Chuck and the rock chuckers. Maybe I just like any picture you four are in!

Gloria said...

You make the simplest things sound so fun. Enjoy those darling boys. I'm excited to see you and them in a few weeks.

Sherry said...

Jana, I just love reading your blog. I'll second what Gloria said. You make everything so FUN! I love the pictures!!!