.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Twins? No. Eerily similar? Yes.


I get asked pretty regularly if Clyde and Will are twins. I can totally see why people think this - the boys are only nineteen months apart and size-wise, Clyde's only got about four inches on Will. Also, I compulsively dress them in coordinating clothes. I can't help myself.


What gets me is how similar their behavior/body language is sometimes. Like 80% of the time when I check on them at night, they're both sleeping in the exact same position. . . and it changes night to night.

Anyways, here are some recent pictures for your analysis/admiration:


Okay, I know there are only so many ways to eat cereal, but still - they're synchronized!

(Also, Will feeding himself with a spoon is a VERY exciting development is his little autistic life and something his occupational therapist has been working with him to do for quite a while. Granted, it's still very sporadic and not 'palm-up' as we would prefer, but we're extremely proud of him!!)

(Also, they are both wearing Thomas the Tank Engine shirts. I'm telling you, it's a disorder).

After church one day I was attempting to photograph them in their cute (semi-coordinating) outfits. This is how they each cheesily smiled at me without taking their eyes off of the TV.

In the car the next day after Will's playgroup; this is how they smile (less cheesily) for the camera while still avoiding direct eye contact with the camera. Also, under the hoodies they're both wearing green 'character' shirts - Buzz Lightyear for Will, Yoda for Clyde. I can't believe I know that.

So this isn't identical, but this is how they each communicate to me that they're done with pictures; I think the message comes across pretty clearly :).

(Don't worry, these jumps were not simultaneous).

Here they are each blurrily jumping onto the couch from the armrests... (in jeans and distressed, old school TV/movie shirts - the Jetsons for Will and Star Wars, shockingly, for Clyde).
And just for fun, here is a frequent scene in our house: one of the boys tackles the other one into the pile of blankets behind the couches, they disappear from view for a while as they wrestle around, and then they both pop back up smiling (usually!).

P.S. I think I like to ruminate on their striking (?) resemblance because it makes me feel better about calling them the wrong name half the time . . .

I've definitely become my mother :).


4 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

i say they are twins for sure!!! in fact, when you do a picture post, i can't hardley tell who is who unless you specifically say. they are sure adorable!!! and i think it is cute and classy that you dress them the same. you are a good momma :)

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

Ah they are so cute! I love everything you write!

mama izatt said...

The boys are just soooo cute!

jayna said...

I guess it's just double the cuteness around your house, right?

Also, in your boys' cases, TRIPLE the eyelashes! Seriously!! My girls and I are jealous much.