.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Proof of Life


No worries, I'm still alive. . . barely :). For those of you who haven't been following the saga via my facebook statuses, Chuck and I both fell victim to the flu this past week, and it was superbly miserable AND our own fault for not getting flu shots. Anyways, as I've only been fever-free for a few hours, a post consisting of random pictures from the last month is all I can handle at this point . . . so enjoy! (And not to worry, a captivating post re: my birthday is in the semi-near future!)

First off, here is Will showing off one of the new shirts he got for Christmas; he loooves Handy Manny. A lot. And if there's anything cuter than Will saying "Han-y Man-y, scoo toos!" (aka Handy Manny School for Tools) then I don't know what it is. Unless it's him saying that while at the same time carrying around his little toolbox.

Quinner and me on New Year's Eve. We had spent most of the afternoon and evening helping my dad pack up his old house, which naturally was a most excellent bonding experience. Then Quinn stopped to take this picture with me even though he was running late for a hot date, thanks little brother!

My hot date had to work that night, but luckily I had a back-up boy to kiss at midnight! And okay, it was like nine-fifteen. Close enough, Happy New Year!

The little boys have been pretty busy playing with all their new toys. Both grandmas took pity and bought them Play-doh, and Grandma Pam and Clyde spent one afternoon creating all sorts of delicious 'food' items for me to pretend eat.

Sam and Terri and 'baby Bailey' visited for a couple of days, hooray! We are all in agreement that Bailey is the cutest little clapper ever :).

Sam bravely took upon himself the task of hooking up a chandelier at my dad's new house. We were taking bets on if/when he would electrocute himself, but (an hour later) he got it up just fine!

Sam and Terri with the finished product :).

One day Will kept trying to go all hands-on with my laptop (which not even Chuck is allowed to do) so I set him up at the computer and opened a blank word document, which he totally loved. I totally loved watching him 'type' - half the time it was slow and deliberate, carefully selecting which letter came next, and the other half was a hilarious imitation of what I can only imagine is my typing - frenzied yet oddly dainty :).

And lastly, here's a picture of my three favorite boys doing a bit of reading. I just love how cozy they look . . .

4 comments:

Emily said...

Hope you're feeling better!! there's nothing worse than being sick- and being the Mom!! Hope you had a great birthday!!!

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

i am so sorry you got struck with the flu. that is AWFUL!!! i bet next year you get your flu shots :) :) :)

haha!

i love the last picture. that is priceless!

jayna said...

Your hot date is so adorable. I'm incredibly jealous.

Andrea said...

I have not yet met Bailey but that is one CUTE baby! You can tell Sam and Terri I said so. :)