.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

You guessed it: Halloween 2010!

As always, Halloween was a pretty low-key affair around here. We definitely rocked some construction paper decor, because, let's face it: one of my top reasons for having children was to have an excuse to break out the construction paper on a regular basis. And I'm not even joking.

So we had a pumpkin patch...

and some friendly and smiling ghosts. We are not into scary ghosts around here. At all.

A couple of weeks ago we went to a pumpkin patch with Will's speech therapist as a little field trip. Will was in heaven - here he is with Alissa (whom I absolutely love, both because she's an excellent speech therapist and more importantly, because she finds Will as adorable as I do).

Both boys looooved the swings.

Clyde was super into the little straw maze, Will not so much.

Oh, such cute, smiling boys!

Will loved the whole place; he cried and cried when it was time to go. Even though it was super cold - check out his red little nose and cheeks! Funny baby :).

Friday was our ward's trunk-or-treat, so we channeled the force as best we could to don our costumes.
Clyde was Anakin Skywalker (specifically from Star Wars: the Clone Wars).

Chuck was Han Solo.

I was Princess Leia and Will was a little Jedi!

The activities committee had a little photo shoot set-up to record everyone's costumes for judging, so this marked the first of our attempts for a family picture...

Followed by some more after dinner. My motto for picture-taking is to just look and the camera and smile, that way I'm never the one responsible for ruining an otherwise good shot :).

Aren't my kids happy little Jedi knights? I figure that defending peace and justice in the galaxy is a pretty sobering task...

Although we managed to get a smile out of Clyde here!

Smiles from both little boys, yay! Although whatever was going on to our right was apparently much more interesting than Grandma Pam, who was taking the picture.

Clyde's favorite part of the evening was battling people - one of my Cub Scouts Chris (aka Darth Vadar) and later on one of the Young Women in our ward who was dressed as Darth Maul.

Another highlight was winning an award! We were in good company, alongside a stick of dynamite, Dr. Seuss characters, the couple from 'American Gothic', and Captain Moroni among others.

My favorite 'treat' was Brother Murphy's hot apple cider, yummm.

Afterwards, Grandma Pam came back to our house to be read to by young Anakin. There's a chance Clyde slept in that costume that night. . .

That was mostly it for our Halloween festivities. Sunday my dad and Cody and Quinn came over for dinner, which was super fun.

So now it's November, which means it's time for our Thanksgiving tree! It's grown a bit since last year:
Chuck was at work last night and Clyde was very grumpy, so Will and I took it upon ourselves to put the first leaves up. I'm excited to see it get more and more filled in throughout the month!

P.S. Today I'm especially grateful for the right to vote - you should be too, go get it done!!

6 comments:

McKay & Lynndi said...

Oh Jana you guys look so cute all dressed up. Congrats on the award!

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

isn't funny how we all have the same blog title, lately :) love your theme! and you pull of princess leia well :)

jayna said...

Wow- you guys are like celebrities! So cute!

mama izatt said...

You all look so cute!! Can you add leaves to your tree from me? I am thankful I have such wonderful joiners to my family!

Leslie said...

I was thinking that you guys should have gotten award for the best family themed costumes and then what do you know--next picture, you got an award! Such fun.

Holly Cameron said...

Best costumes Ever! You guys are so fun!