.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Utah part one.

We took a lovely trip last weekend to Utah for Bailey's blessing at church. Chuck had to work (lame!) so the little boys and I made the trek down with my mom and Cody. By an amazing coincidence, it was also the weekend that my dear, dear BFSC Courtney graduated from the BYU College of Nursing so we left a day early to see her walk on Friday.

Heidi, Courtney, and me. It was so fun to be there - a big thank you to Lynndi and McKay who let me drop off Clyde for an all-day playdate with McKenzie so that he didn't have to endure the graduation ceremony. I told them that moving to Utah would make no difference in how often I asked them to watch my kids!! Will had been a bit grumpy so I kept him for the day; Cody volunteered to play with him outside in the grass which worked excellently!

Heidi and I pondered an appropriate gift for Courtney on such a momentous occasion and finally settled on something that allowed us to be recipients as well - coordinating BFSC bracelets!! (Top to bottom: Courtney, Heidi, me).

Candid shot that big Will took while he had my camera. . . he made it pretty clear that he expected to see it make the blog, so here you are!

Reed, Courtney, and Gloria! Very proud parents :).

Then Reed generously treated us all to lunch at the Cheesecake Factory - baby Will somehow sneaked a spot at the girls' end of the table. (The cute girl in yellow is Courtney's sister-in-law Jessi).

That day also happened to be my very wonderful mom's birthday!! So of course we had them sing to her, which caught her by surprise :).

They also decked out her piece of cheesecake!
Hard to read, but it says 'Happy birthday Pam'.


Here she is opening her presents . . . notice my super-awesome wrapping job :).

We reclaimed Clyde and headed back home for some Lego Star Wars video game. Unfortunately big Will only had one XBOX controller, which meant taking turns; here Ben patiently waits for Clyde to finish his level . . .

And now Ben AND big Will are waiting for their turns. Apparently Clyde was good at handing over the controller to let them play, but frequently took it back in an effort to 'help' them through the tricky parts. I told Ben and big Will to stand up for themselves but they assured me it was fine :).

Saturday was a fabulous day also. It started bright and EARLY with a trip to the gym; I tagged along with Heidi to an hour of torture called 'Body Combat'.

Here we are before the class (don't mind the blurriness). We would have taken an 'after' but I couldn't lift my arms :). Actually, it wasn't that bad, although it was painfully obvious I was the only first-timer in the class.

We spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon in the pool, which was heavenly.

Clyde and Will showed off all of their crazy skills, although Will didn't seem to believe us that he can't actually swim yet, and kept trying to ditch whoever was holding him.

Cody suggested Clyde jump off the diving board. Clyde walked resolutely over, muttering, "This will be a little scary . . . " and then never looked back - he became a diving board fanatic, doing various twists and turns as he jumped in. Uncle Cody dutifully treaded water until each jump and then he safely transported Clyde back to the shallow end.

That evening we met Sam, Terri, Bailey, and Terri's family in Provo for a picnic dinner. We hadn't seen Terri's wonderful parents, Steve and Mary, since the wedding three years ago so it was really neat to spend time with them.

Clyde took a couple minutes to warm up to Steve, but once he did there was no going back. At one point Steve was impressively playing two games of frisbee simultaneously - one with Sam, Robby, and Brandon, and another just with Clyde, whose aim is highly questionable :).

Sam and I documented each other's presence at the shindig.

Bailey, aka the cutest three-month-old on the planet - and her super cute mom :).

Will, my child who spins, twirls, and dances his way through life. Love it!

Clyde kindly allowed other people to play frisbee with him as well, like Uncle Sam . . .

and Uncle Cody!

Will commandeered the football . . . probably as a result of almost getting hit with it twice courtesy of Uncle Sam.

Clyde dabbled in some rock-climbing . . .

Aunt Amanda's (and Uncle Steve's!) influence is apparently pretty strong :).

The picnic gang - minus Cody who was surely off chasing Will :).

And thus concludes part one of our Utah trip!

5 comments:

mama izatt said...

:)

KS said...

Hey, I know some of those people!
Love, love, love the matching bracelets. Did you guys make those?

Sam and Terri said...

Kind of ironic that we were able to avoid an emergency room visit throughout this shin dig even though Sam almost killed Will at least twice. And we weren't as lucky on Sunday afternoon. But it wouldn't be a proper visit if there wasn't some sort of injury/dr. visit/emergency room run.

Nancy said...

Fun reading your blog! I love Body Combat... although it always kicks my butt. I understand not being able to lift your arms. Hahaha. Great pictures!

Holly Cameron said...

Favorite part and I laughed so hard, "Heidi and I pondered an appropriate gift for Courtney on such a momentous occasion and finally settled on something that allowed us to be recipients as well - coordinating BFSC bracelets!!". Haha you're a genius!