.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Quinner is home!


My super cool little brother Quinn returned from a two-year mission for our church this past Wednesday. He served in the California San Fernando Valley mission and loved it.

We got ready to greet him at the airport with some beautifully painted signs.

Clyde eagerly got in on the painting action.

We got to the airport a little early, and Clyde had some energy to burn so we took turns accompanying him up and down the escalator. It was a good alternative to letting him dance/spin/push Will around in the stroller, as he had been doing just prior.

Our first view of Elder Braden!

Yay, a big hug for his mommy!

It was sooo crazy to see him for the first time in two years. Isn't he cute?

The whole crowd. Notice the distance between Clyde and Quinn - Clyde was very excited to see Quinn . . . from afar.

Luckily it didn't take him too long to warm up to Quinn again. Back at my mom's house, they bonded over trains.

Over at my dad's house, Quinn pushed Clyde on the swing, cementing their renewed bond.

Quinner and our dad!

Quinn was reunited with Jeff and Sean, just in time to watch some World Cup games together!

Quinn, Cody, and my mom came over that night for a sleepover; Clyde happily introduced Quinn to the Lego Star Wars video game.

Quinn was also able to 'talk' to Sammy online!

Friday night we met my dad at a park for tennis and pizza (minus Chuck, who had to work). I started off playing a round robin tournament with Quinn and Cody.

Then I took swing duty with my favorite-est little boys ever.

Clyde really loves the swings.

As does Will!

Cody is a most excellent tennis player; back in the day he was on the varsity team.

Quinn's first love is soccer, of course, but he is also a formidable foe on the tennis court. I should know, he beat me pretty hardcore.

Brothers! "Do you want to come sit on my turtle?"

Siblings! This is when we were making fun of Quinn's go-to 'thumbs up' pose :).

Cody, Quinn, and Pops!

When the courts cleared a bit, we let the little boys loose. I chased Will all over the place, while Clyde stayed close to Grandpa Braden, who VERY patiently tossed him tennis balls to hit.

Isn't he a cute future Wimbledon champion? I grew up taking tennis lessons and playing, and I loved it so I'm glad that Clyde likes to play too!

That night we had a sleepover at Grandma Pam's - we're having a hard time letting Quinn out of our sight for a whole day :). More of our adventures to come later!

8 comments:

Connie and Brandon said...

How exciting to have Quinn home!!! Time flies...I can't believe it has been 2 years already!

Unknown said...

Wow I can just remember him since he said farwell in your ward. I also remember thanksgiving one year when we went to your mom's house and my sibilings and I took pictures of him eating.Welcome home Quin!!!!!!!

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

Welcome home Quinn!! When is he reporting? We would love to come! Let me know...


Thanks!

Leslie said...

Looks like you guys are having a great time!

mama izatt said...

Welcome home Quinn!

You may have a tennis pro on your hands (at least another player to give you a run for your money).

Cathy said...

Yay for brothers! And...is that a phone in Quinn's hand on the dino, or a juice box? I can't tell. Glad you're having so much fun!

Melissa said...

Welcome home Quinn! I love the picture of you and the boys swinging. :)

Holly Cameron said...

Fun! I love that you two are so close! This reminds me of when my brother's came home! Best. Feeling. Ever.