.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Our very celebratory Mother's Day

Ahh, a nice picture with my sweet youngest child on Mother's Day.

And a more accurate depiction of how I spend my time as a mom - chasing Will.

I'm the Best Mom Ever.

The sweet note and gift Clyde made for me in preschool that week. Granted, it was not at all a surprise since it had been my week to teach preschool, but still very cute!

Happy Mother's Day to my mom! We got to spend most of the day together, which was very nice. She spoke that morning in her ward about the joys and challenges of motherhood so the little boys and I went to hear her. Although, if I had known that she would say really, really nice things at the end of her talk about me and my mothering and make me cry I might have opted to stay in the foyer :).

We got her some purple-y earrings. The other part of her present was getting to host Clyde for a sleepover the night before Mother's Day. I know, I'm very generous - don't tell her that it was kind of a present for me too!

My oldest brother Cody's birthday fell on Mother's Day this year, so my mom and I shared the party-ing with him.

First, I gave him a super cool peace t-shirt.

Then I let him entertain and play with Clyde and Will ALL day long. Again, my generosity astounds me!

Will was in heaven!

I took these pictures while Clyde was napping, but he had loads of fun with Uncle Cody too - playing tennis in the driveway. (I would have taken pictures of the tennis playing, but that was when I was napping!)

Happy birthday Cody! My mom has officially been a mom for 30 years now - that's a loooong time.

Chuck had to work all weekend, which was lame, but he was able to come over to my mom's house for dinner before he went to work.

Another exciting aspect of Mother's Day was getting to talk to Elder Braden!

My mom talking to Quinner. His present for her came the next day; he made (sewed!) her a wall hanging with flamingo fabric. Suck-up.

Cody talking to Quinner! Clyde talked to him for a little bit too, before he fell asleep.

Finally, the MOST exciting Mother's Day occurrence was definitely the debut that morning of sweet Bailey Hiroko Braden - Sam and Terri's adorable baby girl! See their blog for all the details.

And that was our very busy, wonderful Mother's Day!

6 comments:

Connie and Brandon said...

I think that's the busiest Mother's Day I have ever heard! Glad you had a good day. Happy Mother's Day!!!!

Pamela Hunter-Braden said...

You might be the 'best mom ever' but I'm the luckiest and most blessed. Plus, even better than 'just' being a mom is that I'm a grandma, too!!!!!!

jayna said...

Girls, girls, you're both pretty! (That was for you and your mom. I just like that expression.)

Happy Mother's Day!
Also, if you could email me Sam's address, I'd love to send a baby gift their way! Thanks eBFF.

Leslie said...

Happy belated Mother's Day! Looks like everyone had a great time, well maybe not Terri, but the end result was good.

Sam and Terri said...

Now that we have two May 9 birthdays every seven years is going to be quite the busy Sunday. Sam and Chuck will have their work cut out for them.

Happy Mother's Day! I am glad you had a little bit of a better morning then I did :)

Holly Cameron said...

What a fun Mother's Day! Isn't it crazy that Elder's get to skype home now instead of just a phone call??