.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Lazy, er, Crazy Sunday


Recently my ebff Jayna blogged about her daughters' weekly condition called the Sunday Wilds. This past Sunday I noticed my boys displaying similar bouts of energy/goofiness, so I figured I'd document it. I promise none of this is staged; I just kept the camera handy throughout the afternoon. It should also be noted that I was trying to keep the boys somewhat quiet so Chuck could sleep before it was time for him to get up for work. As if that's ever very successful (sorry babe)!

First up we have Will wishing to look out the front window, still sadly adorned with snowflakes. Funny considering I changed the boys into shorts as soon as we got home from church and opened every window in the house, yay for spring!! Don't worry, the pesky (but beautifully handmade by my mum 'and' Clyde) snowflakes have since been replaced with shamrocks (our Valentine's Day decorating was a bit lacking this year).
Is it dreadful that I didn't physically stop him from trying to use the wagon as a stool even though I knew what would happen? I think I said, "No, no, Will."
And down he went! He was completely unscathed, don't worry.

Next we have Clyde 'helping' me make some cookies.
Usually he's super into helping me mix the dough, but this time he scooted away and used the oatmeal lid as a shield whenever I turned the mixer on. Flying chocolate chips could be dangerous, I guess.

Then there was the table spinning.
Will climbed up first and proceeded to slowly rotate around and around. Clyde soon followed, although he rotated the opposite way.

Oh, and the bathtub.
Will's latest thing is climbing in the bathtub fully clothed. He just sits in there and plays for a while. Again, Clyde followed.

Ah, another Will favorite: the fridge.
He likes to climb in and and turn the light on and off. And pull out all of the yogurt. Luckily Clyde didn't follow him in there; I don't think there would have been room. . .

And finally, some videos of their adventures. First up is one of their FAVORITE toys in the house: my computer desk chair. Clyde is forever trying to weasel it out from under me (no easy task) so that they can spin. This particular time they were just spinning the chair itself, but usually one or both of them is in the chair as well.



Next is the table spinning. They were going much slower until I started filming and then they randomly quickened their pace. Also, I have no idea what Clyde is saying; it starts off resembling "Tickle baby" (not a phrase we use, that I know of) then possibly morphs into "Check on berry"?

And that was our Sunday afternoon :).

7 comments:

jayna said...

I likes it. Sunday Wilds: Boy Edition.

I laughed about the bathtub playing---nothing elates my girls more than sneaking into the shower in the master to play "prisoners" (wet socks and all...)

Ryan and Jackie Galloway said...

I love the fridge climbing. I have a friend whose daughter does the same thing!

Leslie said...

I vote Clyde's saying "Here we go baby!" Regardless...they're so stinkin' cute!

Pamela Hunter-Braden said...

I cannot believe it. I did almost exactly the same things as these boys did on Sunday, right down to dancing on the table top. Of course, it was 53 years ago. My children preferred car surfing, bed jumping, and pillow throwing. Except you Jana, you just sat demurely reading books. (not always, though!)

Melissa said...

Most adorable boys ever! I love the shield for the flying chocolate chips. :) and I totally would have watched my kid crash too to get the picture.

Sam and Terri said...

I can't believe how big Will is. I seriously had to look at that fridge picture for awhile and almost was going to tell you that you posted about the wrong child climbing into the fridge.

Love it. I wish we lived closer so I could be a witness to these Sunday Wilds :)

Holly Cameron said...

Oh man! If I ever have a boy I'm calling you for help! I love the last two movies! And on the table!!! What?! You're a brave mama! I love the picture of will climbing in the fridge! Seriously you're awesome. The life with boys eh?